skin

newfie02_11
on 7/30/11 5:01 am - Canada
 Hi i am having surgery later this year or early next,could be sooner ...My current weight is 355 and i am 5'7...so what i am wondering about is loose skin after losing weight...what do you all do with it and is it much of a big deal... I can't wait for my surgery, its a life changing act for me....also can somebody tell me their excrise program....thanks in advance
Sandy S.
on 7/30/11 5:08 am
I am swimming because it is easy on my back and knees, and you can't tell when I sweat.  I can't help much with the skin because I am 100 down with 200 more to go.   Best of luck to you.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Susan M.
on 7/30/11 5:16 am
 You're about the same size as my daughter before she had lap band surgery. She's lost 180 pounds and does have some loose skin, thighs, arms, abdomen, and breasts, but she doesn't have the money for plastic surgery yet. She wears a very supportive bra and other support wear under her clothing that helps smooth out lumps.  But actually, two and a half years after surgery, she looks great, even in a swim suit. 

Plastic surgery is really the only option for all the loose skin, but exercise during weight loss helps quite a bit.  My daughter walks, bikes, and rides a stationary bike.  I had sleeve surgery 3-1/2 moths ago and have lost 60 pounds. Even at my heaviest, I exercised regularly, even though it was increasingly difficult at my heaviest. I attend a women's-only resistant weight training center 3 mornings (minimum) each week and walk 3-5 miles daily. I recently read that it's helpful to do one new exercise thing each week--swim instead of walk one day, but I haven't had time to switch anything up so far this summer.  Any activity you can incorporate into your new life is helpful and beneficial. Start now before surgery to get a jumpstart and for easier recovery after surgery.

Good luck in your progress toward surgery. This forum is a great help for all your worries and questions; everyone is so helpful. Keep us informed.

Most Active