6 weeks post-op and weight gain??

Need4Change
on 7/31/11 9:48 pm - NJ
Hi everyone,

I'm in my 6th week and havent seen a drop in weight for the last couple of weeks even though I've broken my stall.  I had lost 2 lbs after my stall and now I'm back up 2 lbs - how is that possible?

I'm taking my protein (60gr) per day, all vitamins and drinking as much water as I can (although that part is not ideal).  I started taking fiber chews to help with the "other end" and discarding part.

I'm doing Zumba 2 times a week.  I'm noticing also that I'm able to eat more (4oz) with ease but again, I still cant eat what others can.

Has anyone experienced this so early or am I overreacting?

Thanks,
Joyce

katier825
on 7/31/11 9:59 pm
I'm sure it's water weight.  The pounds can bounce around a bit from day to day.  When exercising, the body can hold onto water.  Also watch your sodium intake.  You can also try to increase your protein, limit carbs to 40ish, and be sure to drink as much as you can.  The weight will come off!

Keep in mind that you may also have stalls along the way.  Don't worry, it's normal.  The body takes time to readjust now and then.  Just keep sticking to your program and you'll do fine.
Need4Change
on 8/1/11 2:10 am - NJ
Yeah, I went through a stall for 2 weeks and then dropped 2 lbs but now back up 2 lbs, which is why its so frusterating.  Thanks for the advice on sodium - something I always take for granted!
nursejlo
on 7/31/11 11:47 pm
Im 5 weeks post op and I too have gained 2 pounds......im so upset. I feel like I just went thru a lot and to see a gain....ahhhhhhh! It makes u upset even though everyone tells u its normal.
Caligirlgina
on 8/1/11 12:20 am - CA
Joyce it it totally normal. I am 6 1/2 weeks out and right at 5 weeks I started going up and down the same two pounds. I was frustrated. I started drinking more and making sure I was logging my food and now I am down 4 pounds...those two plus two more.
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

Cali1212
on 8/1/11 12:27 am
I am 5 weeks out and stalled at week 3 for 10 days. Then I ramped up the exercise...this time tried swimming and lowered my carb intake to 40-50 grams per day and POOF...3 lbs gone in 3 days. Sometimes you may need to change things up to get through the stalls.

Need4Change
on 8/1/11 2:27 am - NJ
Hi Gina,

Thanks for letting me know... it definitely is frusterating knowing that we are eating less and not seeing the benefit.  Good to hear that things get better.  I guess from hearing everyone talk about dropping so much weight the first few months, I was beginning to think something was wrong.  I'm just left thinking when we will see more drops - can you tell I'm anxious to get into smaller sizes? LOL  Honestly I just need to lose 1-2 sizes in order to feel comfortable in a bathing suit by Labor Day!  At this rate I'll just be careful and take anything i can get...

Joyce

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views