SHINGLES!

Susan0714
on 8/2/11 5:37 am - Kenner, LA
I have had a rash for about 2 days under my left boob.. My doctor was not in yesterday so I saw her today, it is shingles..

She has me on Orapred and Acyclovir.. It is like a bad sunbrun for me.. The back one itches the most. 

I am a side sleeper and it kills me that it hurts for me to lay on my left side to sleep because of the shingles..

I hope it clears up soon, and I feel better soon.

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

lucy2e
on 8/2/11 5:53 am - Laurel, MD
Ouch - sorry!  I've had rashes there before (not shingles).  One thing that has helped me feel better is wearing a white cotton tee-shirt under my bra (really goofy looking).  It helps keep synthetic fibers that my irritate you off your skin.

Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Susan0714
on 8/2/11 6:04 am - Kenner, LA
Thank you Lucy that is a good idea.. SInce I wont be going out much I have a nice soft shirt on.. BUt, I can't get over how much it hurts.

Not all the time,but if I am sitting a certain way and my skin is touching anything.

Thank you again for the advice Lucy

Susan

felicity2u
on 8/2/11 5:57 am - LA
Hey Susan,
    I got your message when i got back from my trip but have been trying to play catch up with work ever since then and have not been able to get back with you.  I would ask you how you have been but you just answered that! I'm sorry to hear about the shingles.  I had a friend that had a really bad case that went all down the left side of her body and it lasted for about two weeks but doctor's said that her case was very rare to see it on such a large scale.  I hope that the medicine helps and make sure to get alot of rest and don't try to push yourself too much. Otherwise, I hope that the weight loss is going well and that you are still on track where you want to be with it.  Can't wait to see more pics soon! Keep in touch and get well soon!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Susan0714
on 8/2/11 6:06 am - Kenner, LA
You are doing GREAT congrats on the weight loss so far!!

Mine is right below my boob, and then a little on the side and then a little patch on my back..

The worse is the one in front and on my back..

I will post pictures again when I can get to the 50lb mark, I hope that since I won't be working out until this clears that I will lose the the weight still.

Thanks,

Susan

PaulaS
on 8/2/11 5:57 am - TX
Ooohhh, shingles are not good!    I have had them twice but luckily I caught them very early both times and had a light case. 
Prayers yours goes away soon!!!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Susan0714
on 8/2/11 6:09 am - Kenner, LA
That is strainge Paula, you had them twice when I was reading up on them, I saw on one website where you don't get them again once you have had them..

I have never seen any cases of shingles, I have a spot about the size of a half dollar on the front then a small patch on the side, and a medium size patch on my back all, on my left side.

Thank you for the prayers

Susan

Faye56
on 8/2/11 6:24 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
My daughter's mother in law has had them many times. I know - strange! I hope that is not the case for you though. Prayers that you will be feeling better soon and back on your journey!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Susan0714
on 8/2/11 6:35 am - Kenner, LA
THank  you so much Faye for the prayers.. I too hope that I will be doing better soon.

Susan

Maryatt50
on 8/2/11 6:32 am
 Bless you heart - I just got her shingles myself - I got right on meds and it cleared up in about 2 weeks.  Good Luck!!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views