Day 1 of PreOp liquid diet ... it's OFFICIAL surgery date is Aug 17th

Sunny702
on 8/3/11 12:24 am - Las Vegas, NV
I really can't believe this is REALLY going to happen for me!!! I spoke to my Dr. yesterday and he answered my 8 pages of questions ... so I feel even better about my decisions.

So I had my farewell to my old stomach meal last night and today ... GAME ON!!! lol

Wow ... I still can't believe it.
laurabelle2009
on 8/3/11 12:26 am
I hope all goes well!! My surgery is 8/15!! It will be fun sharing this experience with you!! Good luck!!

C. Champion
on 8/3/11 12:33 am - Minneapolis, MN
Yesterday was my first day on the liquid protein pre-op diet, it wasnt to bad except that the drinks dont fill me up so its hard to not want to at in between. My surgery is on Tuesday so I have to just do it but its kinda hard to not wanna eat something else so Im not hungry! Good luck to you!
kanga003
on 8/3/11 12:41 am
Good luck to all of you!!!

I was so lucky I didn't have to do the liquid diet... but it will be so worth it once you are sleeved!!!!
Sunny702
on 8/3/11 12:49 am - Las Vegas, NV
Dr. told me if I could only do 1 week that was fine. I asked him what he preferred and he said 2. So 2 it is. I want my liver to be the SMALLEST liver it can be during surgery. lol

The crazy part is I normally don't eat until 2ish (I know baaad habit) and today I'm up at 7:00am HUNGRY! LOL The mind/body wants what it can't have I suppose. lol
QueenBeeFla
on 8/3/11 1:17 am
I'm scheduled for 8/15 too!  I haven't started my pre-op liquids yet.  Surgeon only requires 7 days.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time. 
vsg4lyn2011
on 8/3/11 2:43 am
I will be sleeved Aug. 10 and am on day 2 of my liquid diet. Yesterday was hard, I really had to distract myself in order not to think about food. I drank 4 protein shakes (8 oz each) and 2 cups of broth, tons of water, and 2 popsicles. Also had a little bit of jello. The popsicles were my favorite. I'll probably eat like 5 popsicles today! I worried about constipation though. Anyone have any suggestions? I called the Dr. office but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Good luck to all of you with your surgeries. See you on the losers bench.
injeneral
on 8/3/11 5:01 am
My surgery is the 15th and I'm also in the pre-op liquids. So far, so good...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 171 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 448 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 470 views