sip, sip, sip????

H_kd27
on 8/5/11 11:34 am - DC
VSG on 07/25/11 with
Hello OH Friends,

Will we have to sip our drinks for the rest of our lives?

colelea613
on 8/5/11 11:40 am - LA
Good question!!

I am 3 days out from surgery and it is really not that hard.  There are worst things to have to deal with for the rest of our lifes....like shopping at Lane Bryant and wondering if the plastic chair will crumble when we sit in them.  So if I have to sip liquids for the next 40 years small price for fitting into a size 12.

Good Luck
    Cole

Sandy S.
on 8/5/11 11:41 am
I am 2 months out, and I only sipped the first few weeks.  I can't gulp, but I can take regular swollows of water without any trouble.  best of luck

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
H_kd27
on 8/5/11 11:42 am - DC
VSG on 07/25/11 with
Thanks for the replies....sipping is no headache, just want to know what's in store for me further down the road!

califsleevin
on 8/5/11 11:44 am - CA
I was drinking fairly normally after 4-6 weeks; not chugging but decent size gulps.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

sammijowiles
on 8/5/11 1:06 pm - MI
I am almost 3 weeks out. I am taking regular drinks now. The sipping thing was hard for me to catch onto, but trust me, you only do it once the wrong way! I am taking normal regular drinks now though. Good luck! :)
I'm no beauty queen. I'm just beautiful me. <3

IrishColleen
on 8/5/11 1:22 pm - Owosso, MI
 I never had to sip.  I was able to drink a reasonable swallow right away.  Now I can take usually 3 swallows at a time, like you would with a bottle of water, then have to stop mainly because it fills me up!

Goes to show everyone is different.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views