Personal Trainer

CatherineTEACH
on 8/5/11 1:24 pm - TX
Hi OH Friends,
I need a personal trainer!  But, I don't just want anyone, I really want to find someone who has experience with WLS patients.  If you use a personal trainer and you like him/her, how did you go about finding them?  Local gym?  Websearch?  Thanks in advance for your help! 

GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
wls2011
on 8/6/11 12:33 am - Ballston Lake, NY
I have the most awesome trainer....I found her by going to the ACE website, finding one that was certified and had a filled-in biography....

http://www.acefitness.org/findanacepro/default.aspx

I got her pre-op and she was not familiar with the sleeve, but she has a strong anatomy & physiology background and is helping me enormously...

Good luck...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

barber64
on 8/6/11 2:50 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12
what is the cost of a trainer? and what do you look out for?
CatherineTEACH
on 8/6/11 2:41 pm - TX
Thank you for the site!  I will look into it. 
  GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
wls2011
on 8/12/11 12:35 am - Ballston Lake, NY
The cost depends on a lot of things...geographically certain areas cost more, just like with anything....also depends on if you go to them at a gym they work at or if they come to you...it is always more expensive if they travel to you...also some gyms do cheaper bundle packages if you commit and buy up a bunch of sessions at once and the YMCA usually has a good deal on training packages if you are a member...

Average rate is about $50 per hour, but I've seen anywhere from $20-75 per hour...it also depends on the skill and clientele of the trainer...sometimes if they are just starting out and trying to get a client base it will be cheaper, but if they are already established, more money...of course celebrity trainers make tons more than this rate, I am sure....

But as far as what you look for....someone that is knowledgeable and certified is the first start...then you just got to try out a couple sessions and see if it is a good fit for you, and you think they will get you where you want to be...don't be afraid to tell them also, if you don't like the exercises, or you think that it is not working...

I swear, it only took 4 sessions to see great improvement in my body shaping up...that's a good trainer! And my strength gains were significant too...but it does take time and consistency..the best thing is if you can afford to do 2x a wee****il you hit goal...I figure with the money I save on food, I am making this happen...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op