Protien Supplements

Seldern
on 8/10/11 1:12 pm - Belmont , NC
So I'm sure this is a question that is seen often but I didn't see it but I was wondering what is everyones favorite protien powder and the best place to order?

Thanks
Pam M.
on 8/10/11 1:32 pm - Orland Hills, IL
 I love the GNC Chocolate Whey. 21 G protein.... tastes like Nestle Quick to me 

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key!!        
Smardeepants
on 8/10/11 2:33 pm
Taste is sooooooooooo subjective! What one person loves, others hate. To complicate it more, it's VERY common for tastes to change after surgery (meaning, what you like now, you may not later).

I suggest ordering samples (vitalady has them, so do other places... maybe do a search here for protein samples to find more links).

Also, when you do buy, try to stick with places that will let you return it if you hate it. Vitamin Shoppe, Sams Club, Costco, and others will let you exchange.

I peronally try to stick with whey protein isolate or blend with low carbs (around 2g per serving) and 25-30g protein. That's just me and my preference.

Marcia B.
on 8/10/11 2:48 pm - CA
If I had to pick, it would be Target's pure protein with 25 g of protein or premier nutrition in chocolate with 30g of protein but I make sure I get all my protein now from meat lol I can't stomach soups or shakes at the moment unless I am desperate lol
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Punkinchan
on 8/10/11 3:37 pm
My top favorites are Unjury's Chicken Soup (tastes just like Lipton's Chicken Noodle Cup a Soup minus the noodles) and their Chocolate Splendor.  Both are 20g of protein per 1 scoop mixed with 8 oz. of hot or cold water.  I think it's Unjury is available at Amazon.com, but it's a smidge cheaper at their website, unjury.com. 

sarytyr
on 8/11/11 6:42 am - Round Rock, TX
VSG on 02/17/11 with
I prefer Jay Robb's Whey Protein - any flavor.  It has 25 gr protein, mixes easily without clumping, is not too thick and contains no artificial colors or sweeteners. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe in individual packages so I can have a variety.

~*Sandy*~ Ht 5'7" HW 262/SW 254/GW 160/CW 155

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views