1 week out

Bonnie2011
on 8/14/11 9:46 am
Hi, I am new to this forum, have been reading it for months now before my surgery.  I was sleeved a week ago today on 8 Aug.  I live in Aus and it is so good to be able to hear how everyone does with this, a Great forum.  I have no problem getting the shakes down or water however am soooo sick of the shakes, I mean I had 3 weeks before the op and now another 2, am really hating it but would never have anything other than what is allowed as I realise the significance of the op I have had.  Can't wait to have some real food Sometime???  I was so scared before this op and thought what am I doing having my stomach cut apart, however this forum kept me going, hearing how everyone was doing down the track I thought ya I can do this too.  Thanks All!
Mrsk2011
on 8/14/11 10:19 am
welcome..this forum is amazing im addicted to it..good luck look forward to hearing all ur success..

cristalpoppin
on 8/14/11 10:42 am - Austin, TX
 Try "doctoring" your shakes up with Torani sugar free syrups (shop.torani.com), or a spoonful of peanut butter! 
cancelsbronx
on 8/14/11 11:51 am - Stamford, CT
You can put the protein in the freezer and scoop it like ice cream.  You can try changing the flavor for instance, I initially purchased vanilla.  I got so tired of it and then tried strawberry and it was better. Finally I bought the chocolate and thats the one I really enjoy.  Remember you had major surgery and you need your protein.

Good luck,

Santos

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views