People Must Think I'm Crazy!

Jamming-Fender
on 8/15/11 2:54 am
So funny Story.... I have a long way to go to even reach my Goal.  And so far in the first month I've lost just under 50 pounds.  Most of my excersice has been in the Gym and and my Cardio has been on a treadmill.  Well Yesterday we had a beautiful Day here in West Tx. Cloudy and under 90 Degrees! Finally a day with no triple digits.  So I decided to go for a walk outdoors for a change.  After a mile I felt really good, and I'm thinking wow 6 weeks ago I couldn't even do half a mile.  As I'm thinking about how my life is changing it starts raining and I do mean it was pouring.  I felt so Go I didn't want to stop.  So guess what I kept going! I was soaked but I didn't care.  It felt so good to be outside walking!  Neighbors Must of thought I was crazy so I walked and I walked and I did 3 miles my first month post op! Oh the feeling of the rain just hitting my face felt so amazing.  Probably the most refreshing relaxing, soothing walk I have ever experienced!
felicity2u
on 8/15/11 2:58 am - LA
I love to walk in the rain, it hides all the sweat, lol! Glad you are out there enjoying life! Keep up the great work!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Erica77
on 8/15/11 3:05 am - MN
There have been times walking I wished the skys would have opened up! Great job! Such a good feeling, being proud of yourself.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

tasie402
on 8/15/11 3:26 am
good for you! keep it up. i might consider walking in the rain, but the michigan snow is surely going to do a number on me come winter. i suppose it'll be mall walking for me then.

rosapain
on 8/15/11 7:33 am - Amityville, NY
That so amazing I will try that myself, keep up the good work and enjoy every minute.CONGRATS to you
Don N.
on 8/15/11 10:14 am
Where in west Texas?  I also live in west Texas and considering the VSG.  I live near Brownwood and we got 3.5 inches Saturday after 45 consecutive days over 100.  Let me know who did your surgery.  I have done a consult with 2 so far but haven't decided who to choose.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views