complications with incesions

crazyduck
on 8/14/11 8:58 pm - Maurepas, LA
I know some of yall have followed my incision problems. If not, the doctor did not glue them very good. by day 3 all had opened. well now im fighting a staph/strep infection. I have huge boil looking sores on my stomach. Started out looking like a pimple. I was told not to take a bath after surgery, and my dumb ass wasn't using antibacterial soap to shower. Now I have to bleach the bathtub after I shower, so my family won't get this infection. My surgery was a success, but this other **** is really bad. I have gone to the er 3 times now, and they keep giving shots, and 2 antibiotics. I am in so much pain, I can't sleep. I am putting hot packs of Epsom salt on the lump in my stomach. Please if you are getting the sleeve, make sure everything is sterile. I am asking for healing thoughts, prayers and etc...
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
jengo1971
on 8/14/11 10:20 pm
Praying everything will heal quickly.  My belly button incision became infected but oral antibiotics did the trick.  Hang in there and be sure to take pro-biotics as to replace the good bacteria that is being wiped out by the atb.

Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Pkrplyr777
on 8/15/11 12:22 am - CT
Before surgery, I had an issue twice with a boil of some sort that started near my armpit. I went to the doctor the first time and was put on anti biotics. It went away. about a month or less later I got another one near the same area.
She tested me for MRSA ( at swab test of the boil)  and sure enough that is what it was. I was given a different oral antibiotic and a special soap that surgeons use to scrub with. Instructed to shower using this soap for five days and dont share towels.
It cleared up and no more issues.

MRSA is rampant in hospitals, typically transmitted in ICU but can be transmitted from person to person as well.

The surgical soap is sold over the counter.

Call your doctor, get the test. Wash with the soap. What have you got to lose? It won't make matters worse.

Good luck.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
crazyduck
on 8/17/11 5:09 pm - Maurepas, LA
I did go to the doc. 2 x now, and they did the swab test. Yes it was staph/strep. I have the medicated cleanser and keeping it real clean. Also im on 2 antibiotics which are making me start to feel better. But I was so scarred!And the huge sore hurt like a mutha! But now all is drained out, after lots of hot Epsom salt packs. Now there is a deep scar. Im very lucky and don't care of the scar. Just glad it is under control, and not spreading. Thank you all for ur prayers. Oh and btw I bleached my tub after each shower so not to give it to my family...
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views