GNC=overwhelmed

Seldern
on 8/17/11 5:34 am - Belmont , NC
I am trying to stock up on protien powder and went to GNC. Way too much and very expensive. Where is your favorite online place to purchase protien powders, all flavors.
Thanks
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

SweetDreamGirl
on 8/17/11 5:51 am
Hi. I brought my first variety pack from Bariatriceating.com, they had a sample kit of different proteins both bottled and powder with a book for aobut $50.  My next purchase was from Mybariatricpantry.com I'v also purchased from Bariatricchoice.com.  They all have sample packs you can purchase.  I think this is good because I was told my taste buds would change but I had no idea how much.  Right now my favorite protein is Grape Frost by ISOPURE.  Good luck to you!!
dicastro1010
on 8/17/11 5:51 am - Escondido, CA
I haven't had surgery yet, but have been purchasing quite a few to try what I like.

I really like the brand "unjury" it's probably the best tasting so far. I just blend it with soymilk and a couple splenda's and it's delish. You can buy it on Amazon.com.

I also bought BSN Lean Dessert brand, also on Amazon and that is my second fave. As far as store ones, none are as good. In the past I have purchased different brands from GNC and Trader Joes, but they are just okay.

GNC does have a liquid vitamin that comes in a brown bottle that is tolerable. I got that for the first couple months so that I can muster taking any vitamins at all.. Who knows, I may not even have to worry about it!
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Jackie00
on 8/17/11 5:58 am
I can't find unjury here where I live in Canada
emelar
on 8/17/11 6:14 am - TX
You can order Unjury online either from amazon or directly from unjury.com.  They ship to Canada!
Elaine2
on 8/17/11 6:27 am - Atlanta, GA
Don't stock up too much prior to surgery. Tastes change post op for many folks.

That said....why don't you go go back to GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe (good online ordering) and purchase individuals of some pre made shakes to find one you like or can tolerate.

You can also order samples.  Scroll down to Protein Drinks here for links.

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 8:06 am - Woodbridge, VA
I've never wasted a dime at that overpriced ripoff of a store! I buy online at www.netrition.com and www.vitacost.com - both of them offer flat-rate shipping ($5-6) no matter how much you buy. I've ordered litterally pounds and pounds of protein at a time, and still that one low shipping rate. I also buy my multivitamins and calcium citrate from them as well (TwinLab brand).

I also agree with others, though, NOT to stock up pre-op because your tastes will likely change. For now, try to stock up on SAMPLES of lots of different flavors and brands. Vitalady.com sells some samples. I also got samples at Whole Foods. I believe I also got a sort of sampler pack from one of the sites I mentioned above.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 11:20 am - CA
 Hijack*

Hi Jillybean!....just saw you and thought I would tell you I ended up having a re-sleeve. I know we were talking about the "possibilities" last year and wanted to fill you in. 

Blessings,
Jenny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views