Fourth Pre-op Appt with Surgeon; Weight Gain Issues

cakeworm
on 8/18/11 7:38 am
 I have my fourth appointment with the surgeon tomorrow.  I expect that if everything goes ok, I might get a date!   I'm a little concerned because I have gained about 10-12 pounds since my initial appointment 6 months ago.  The coordinator assured me that surgery won't be canceled, and at worst he might postpone it a couple of months, at best make me do a 2 week liquid fast.   I'm praying for the latter, but either way it wouldn't be the end of the world, and I am looking forward to seeing how this pans out!  Have been reading your posts and getting pumped!  Thanks OH, you'll probably be seeing a lot more of me from now on :)   P.S. If anyone has any experience with having gained during pre-op diet & counseling, please share your experiences!  I guess I will find out tomorrow either way, but I am so nervous!  
SassyItalian
on 8/18/11 7:49 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I gained 10lbs in the 3 months from my first appointment to surgery..blame it on all the food funerals..

lost that 10lbs on my 1 week pre-op liquid diet..

its pretty normal

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

cakeworm
on 8/18/11 7:50 am
 Thanks for your reply...that makes me feel a bit better.  You look great in your picture!
frostylost
on 8/18/11 10:29 am
Don't sweat it, I did the exact same thing...even a little worse. I gained 15 lbs in the 3 months between my initial consult with the surgeon and my pre-op diet which I just started on Monday. I attended multiple food funerals and had my "last supper" several times. It was ridiculous, I was so ashamed when I went in last week for my pre-op visit and got weighed in but the nurse assured me it was ok, that I would most likely lose it every bit on the 2 week liquid diet. I'm finishing up day 4 and the scale says I've lost 5 so far. Good luck to you!
 ~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
cakeworm
on 8/18/11 10:32 am
 thank you so much, i feel a lot better now...are you having any trouble sticking to the liquid diet?
frostylost
on 8/18/11 3:38 pm
Well I think so, I'm finishing up day 4 now...fixing to go to bed and I will admit right now is the hungriest I think I have felt since I started. I won't say its been easy but its not quite as bad as I had anticipated either. I've been getting in about 100-120 grams of protein per day mainly from my protein shakes. In between shakes I have some SF jello and SF popsicles and sip on some broth too. I have had some cream soups too and my calorie totals have been aroun 1100 a day. The thing that has helped me most is chewing gum! There are some yummy SF gums out there and it really helps me with food cravings and satisfying that need to chew. There are some flavors made by Extra called Dessert Delights...they have strawberry shortcake, key lime pie, mint chocolate chip and apple pie flavors and they are awesome! Oh and lots and lots of water is a good trick too. Good luck to you!
 ~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views