Hungry???

tinkerott
on 8/20/11 12:20 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
 Just out of curiosity, does anyone else that has had the VSG feel hungry within the first two weeks of their modified diet?  I find that even the smell of food from someone else eating makes me hungry.  Is this normal?

I'm ending my second week and I couldn't take it anymore, so I ate some sugar free pudding and low fat cream soup, but I would have thought that I wouldn't have been hungry.  Any thoughts or ideas?

hollykim
on 8/20/11 1:35 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Are you taking a PPI and acid reducer like nexium? excess stomach acid can mimic hunger. If you aren't ask your surgeon for a scrip for one.

Gl and welcome to the bench!
Holly

thethinme
on 8/20/11 2:09 pm - NY
yes it took me a few months to stop feeling constantly hungry after surgery.

I have the feeling that it takes a while for the grehlin to stop being produced. but now, almost 7 months out, I rarely feel hunger. and I never feel that super hunger I used to before surgery or right after surgery. it is liberating. I was worried too, but it all passed. hang in there. things get much better.

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

chunkymonkey1991
on 8/20/11 10:26 pm
i'm having the same problem! i'm like 2 weeks and 3 days out and I find that i feel hungry a lot. I do need to make sure I take my pepcid when I'm supposed to though..maybe that will help. I hope this hunger stops!
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

lovemyboys
on 8/21/11 2:36 am
I was just like you (even posted on here about it) but at 4 weeks out, it just stopped.  I am 6 weeks tomorrow, and I'm really never hungry.  Yeah, if my family is eating something like pizza (my fave) around me, I'll think it smells good, but I have much more control now.  Besides not being hungry, food just isn't as appealing anymore.  Hang in there. It will happen for you!

Natasha Smith
on 8/23/11 3:12 pm - TX
I was so greatful to see this post.  I'm 8 days after surgery and yesterday I wanted to to tackle my husband and steal the chicken sandwich he was eating.  I will definatly ask my doctor about some sort of acid reducer.  I'm trying SO hard not to eat anything that I'm not supposed to, so I'm really glad to know it will get better!  Thanks for the post!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views