second day very run down is this normal?

twellington1
on 8/23/11 8:00 am - NH
I'm on the pre op diet and for the last two days I have been very run down.  I will do something and it will make me so tired.  I have a constant headache and I am not "going" normally.  I know you will ask if I have gotten my protien in for the day and at this point in the day I am at 36 grams I have not had my soup which I will be adding a 24 grams to.  I have had 36 oz of water so far today and some green tea.  I did call the doctor office to ask about this but the nurse did not call back.  Since it is 6pm I do not think I will hear from them tonight.  It is not an emergency I just want to know if it is normally so I can just deal with it.  Thanks

tristak
on 8/23/11 8:11 am
Definitely need to increase your water - minimum should be 64oz - more throughout the day is not a bad thing at all.

Second - yes you will feel run down - consider that you went from maybe 1800+ calories per day to maybe half that?  This may also explain the constant headache (though that could also be caffeine withdraw).

Not sure how much longer you have until surgery but it will get better.  Definitely try increasing your fluids - if allowed by your surgeon perhaps fresh lemon or lime added to your water or crystal light just for a change of pace. 

Best of luck

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

Jan G.
on 8/23/11 8:30 am - WI
When I was on the liquid only pre op..I remember that my nutritionist said I needed a little sugar to keep blood sugars UP. Mostly we are getting sugar free popsicles, etc..are you getting a little sugar? Maybe your BS has dropped...

Best to you my OH friend, I hope it improves~Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

twellington1
on 8/23/11 8:46 am - NH
thank you both...i feel like a whine ass...i am going to go walk my dogs as far as i can...it is time to push myself.  you're right i have never eaten such a limited amount of food in my life...if i had i would not need this surgery lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views