9 weeks out and depressed over weight loss

George B.
on 8/24/11 2:21 am - Miami, FL
Protein bars are generally high in carbs and may be contributing to your stall.

Need4Change
on 8/25/11 3:14 am - NJ
True - I did only start them this past week as a means to get more protein in my diet.  They are the Atkins bars and contain 2 net carbs...

Am I supposed to be looking at total carb grams or net carbs?

George B.
on 8/25/11 3:30 am - Miami, FL
I would look at net carbs and work to keep carbs at less than 40 grams per day.
Atkins bars have sugar alcohols which causes stalls in some people.

Need4Change
on 8/25/11 9:31 am - NJ
Hmmm... that was MY instinct (sugar alcohols) but my weight lifting buddies at work said they are fine!  Thanks for that!  :)
George B.
on 8/25/11 11:11 pm - Miami, FL
Your weight lifting buddies likely do not have the same issue we (sleevers) have with carbs and slowed metabolism.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 1:17 am - MI
My weight was 189 when I had surgery in March. I have only lost 42 so far. I get upset but I figure if I am at goal by next Feb I will be happy. (Going on a vacation then.) Even though my loss has been slow it's still a loss. I feel great and I can wear a size 6 in pants. I understand what you are feeling. I just try to remember this is for life not a quick fix. Ps I don't stick to the program like I should. I eat alot less than I use to that's for sure and I have been drinking more than I should too!
loverofcats
on 8/24/11 1:59 am

You have received many good suggestions. I would increase the frequency and intensity of your exercise, track your food, decrease carbs to about 40. Changing up the exercise seemed to help me, when I had slow months. You are a lightweight and the weight will come off more slowly, but it will come off, as long as you stick to the plan.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Need4Change
on 8/24/11 2:14 am - NJ
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and tips!  I appreciate all the replies and seems like I have to make a few changes on my end to get through this...

I will try out the websites suggested for tracking food  :-)

Have a good day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views