9 weeks out and depressed over weight loss

Need4Change
on 8/23/11 10:02 pm - NJ
Hi everyone...

First off I cant believe I'm writing this email, but its gotten to that point where I dont know where else to look for answers.  I was just at the doc's yesterday telling him that I'm a bit upset that I'm this far out and in the last month all I've seen is a 2 lb weight loss, where I keep bouncing up/down 1 or those 2 lbs.  His response was "dont worry, it will come off".  Being the capricorn that I am, that isnt a good enough explanation to whats happening.  His other comment was that I'm now in the 1's and that it will not come off as easily as others.  I get that.  But if I was on weigh****chers right now, I would have lost at least 2 lbs a week for the last 4 weeks, totaling 8 lbs - especially on the amount of foods I'm on.

Ok, small confession, but I'm not being as "anal" about the no carb thing, but I am watching my protein intake which is around 70gr of protein a day and continue to take my vitamins religiously.  I'm also doing alot better with water intake than I was a month ago and try to eat as much veggies as possible.  Despite the having some carbs, I'm not eating like I used to and this is getting frusterating cause I feel like a reject to this whole process!  My doc laughed at that and yes although funny, I just dont get whats going on.

I thought I was over my stall because I started to drop again.  Is this normal? 

katier825
on 8/23/11 10:13 pm
You started at a lower weight, so you would not have the large loss that someone at say 300 lbs would have. You should track your intake if you aren't already, including carbs. You're probably having more than you think. Keep protein up - min 60-80, carbs under 40. I wasn't told to count calories at the beginning, but 500-800 is probably the average, lower earlier on and more later. Keep drinking. It took me nearly 2 months to be able to drink the 64 oz I was supposed to drink.

Also, you are probably starting to lose inches. Take your measurements and check them periodically. Don't get so freaked about the scale...there are other ways of telling that the surgery is working. Clothing sizes, coming off meds, doing things you weren't able to do before (like run!). Hang in there. It will come off!
Need4Change
on 8/23/11 11:49 pm - NJ
I'm consuming about 800-900 cals a day, I eat about 70gr protein on average.  Havent counted the carbs, maybe its time to.  I'm able to get in my water now, versus a month ago.  I havent taken additional measurements, so I guess I could try that and see where I'm up to.  I'm still in the same size so thats another reason why I've been freaking out.

Any good diet/intake trackers anyone can recommend?
katier825
on 8/23/11 11:55 pm
On August 24, 2011 at 6:49 AM Pacific Time, Need4Change wrote:
I'm consuming about 800-900 cals a day, I eat about 70gr protein on average.  Havent counted the carbs, maybe its time to.  I'm able to get in my water now, versus a month ago.  I havent taken additional measurements, so I guess I could try that and see where I'm up to.  I'm still in the same size so thats another reason why I've been freaking out.

Any good diet/intake trackers anyone can recommend?
I use Sparkpeople.  Many use MyFitnessPal.  I liked Sparkpeople and never tried the other.  I like that I can customize it and save my favorite foods.  It's pretty quick to use.  Keeps me on track.  One thing I watch on there also is sodium.  I can tell when I balloon up that it is sodium because it's in the tracker.
DrHollywood
on 8/23/11 10:17 pm - Harbor City, CA
How much are you eating in volume at a time?
How often are you eating or how many times per day?
How many calories are you taking in a day?

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Need4Change
on 8/23/11 11:50 pm - NJ
I'm eating about 4-5 oz of food a day, about 4x a day.  Cals about 800-900 a day.
IrishColleen
on 8/23/11 11:00 pm - Owosso, MI
 Are you losing inches instead of pounds right now?  Have you checked?

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Need4Change
on 8/23/11 11:57 pm - NJ
I havent checked the inches just yet, but will do that asap.  I did take my initial measurements so we'll see whats going on.  The issue is that I'm still in the same clothes and havent seen any major changes since a month ago.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 11:01 pm
 Sorry if you've stated this before but what:

was your surgery weight?

how much did you lose pre-op?

*******************'

You are considered lightweight like me and it does come off slower and it's extremely frustrating!!  It's funny you mentioned Weigh****chers becuase I eventually switched over to that style of diet and have been doing great with it.   I don't count anything, I just do everything in moderation.  (or what the sleeve will allow me to do)  I know it's not "the way" around here for everyone but I do great with it, stay well within my calories (way under actually) and don't feel deprived.  I don't just sit around and eat crap all day but I don't measure and weigh every little thing either. 
Need4Change
on 8/24/11 12:09 am - NJ
My pre-surg weight was 222, I lost 4 lbs in a week pre-op and I lost 22 lbs in the first month post-op.

I've done WW and was very successful with it, but I always yo-yo'd and would gain it back.  I felt the sleeve would restrict me to the portions that I should be eating, while continuing to make healthy choices and excercising.  Its nice to hear that you are adhering to that or at least, using that as a tool to keep the weight off cause I really feel that a healthy balanced diet is the best way and everything should be in moderation.
Most Active