Went to PS....not such good news for the 'girls'

newmeki
on 8/23/11 6:47 pm - Saudi Arabia
Okay so I excitedly so to visit the plastic surgeon for a consultation for breast lift, augmentation and tummy tuck. Now I knew that the girls were like sagging sacs but did not realize they were really bad sagging sacs. PS felt that because of years of yo-yo gaining and losing large amounts of weight the skin of the 'girls' is stretched so thin and there is no elasticity at all. (thanks doc) While he TOTALLY agrees that surgery is more than warranted he does not feel that lift and augmentation would be wise to do at the same time. He would rather do a lift, build a foundation, wait six months then do augmentation and tummy tuck if I still want it. He also wants me to work on the abs to get rid of some of the ab fat so that the results will look smooth and proportional. I left the office in tears and so frustrated that I did not have my sleeve years ago instead of listening to others telling me to just do diet and exercise and it would be just fine. Well I did that and then when it did not work, I regained that weight and more and now even though I am a size 6 from a size 20, I delay has ruined my skin integrity. Depressed but not defeated. Just another part of the journey, I guess.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

Jan G.
on 8/23/11 8:00 pm - WI
Oh dear I can feel your discouragement. BUT I like your attitude and appreciate that the PS was so honest and straightforward.

As hard as this might seem there IS a plan right?
Lessons.. we all have to face our own lessons.

When does this "situation" bother you the most? With a good bra who would really know? Is it a intimacy issue at all? Anyone else complaining about the "girls" besides you?You do not have to answer that..just posing questions.

When I used to obsess over my problems/issues, I was taught early on by my mother, that someone has it much worse than I do. Think of those who are losing their breasts and lives due to cancer..help? No??Sorry.. just trying to offer some other perspective. I respect your feelings.. I do.

Still.. sorry for what you are going through.

Gentle hugs my OH friend, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

newmeki
on 8/24/11 5:16 pm - Saudi Arabia
Jan, thanks for your response. Honestly, I am truly blessed in my life and with my surgeon, especially here in the Middle East. You are so right, there is always someone that has it worst than me or you. Just like the surgery, VSG, there are so many people that wish they could have it but for whatever reason cannot. I am truly blessed to now be at a healthy weight and that I do not have some of the things going in my life that others do though of course we all have our own "stuff".  I am not so much obsessing over the 'girls' as I was just disappointed to go to the PS only to find that the procedure I wanted was not available to me at this time. I so appreciate his honesty and I know that we will have a wonderful journey together.
Thanks for your response and your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

zzroged
on 8/23/11 10:01 pm, edited 8/23/11 10:06 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hey - sorry it didn't got as you wanted - but - I guess it's better to see a surgeon who gives you the truth based on their experience than to promise the earth and not deliver. Is it worth a second opinion with someone else or have you found the surgeon you want to work with ? -it's just possible you might get a different view from someone else as they all have different approaches - I saw 3 surgeons and had 3 different sets of advice which was slightly different from each of them.

I worked on my abs a lot with pilates so that I had great muscle tone underneath - but was unable to lose the last bit of ab flab and the surgeon removed this for me only 2lbs in total so not much left - how much ab flab is there to lose? - surely he could remove this for you?

Anyway, don't 'kick' yourself - hindsight is great - and I'm sure we all wish that we had had surgery earlier than we did having gone through it and seen the results - but at the time, when we decided that we didn't need surgery and that we could lose it ourselves, we were making the best decision for us AT THAT TIME !

Did you get to see my surgeon at all?

Also, have you posted on the plastics forum? - I know there are ladies on there who are having the breast lift and augmentation in 2 stages.

Take Care
Debbie
 New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

newmeki
on 8/24/11 5:25 pm - Saudi Arabia
Hi Deb,
How are you doing?  I am thinking about a weekend trip to Dubai in the next couple of weeks. I will let you know.  I need to get out of the desert for a bit.  I am also thinking about going back to India to the ashram that I visited last year. I have few days off later in Spet. If I do not get a surgery date at that time, I will do some travelling. 
This surgeon is really good and I do trust his opinion. As you know, in this country, there is not much that can be seen on females and this is the surgeon that many women use to "fix" that which can be seen under the abaya. I will meet with him again and go from there. I understand why he wants to do this is 2 stages. I SEE what he has towork with.....lol! I think I was just frustrated right after the appointment.
How are you feeling? I hope that you are fully recovered.
I will let you know when I am coming that way. I booked a flight for next Friday but have not totally decided yet. There is a wonderful Zara spa (at Movenpick Dead Sea) in Amman that has a great weekend package.  I would like to find something like that in Dubai.

Take care,
Franda

zzroged
on 8/24/11 5:56 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hey Franda, I'm good - cleared for exercise - finally - so working my way back into the gym & pilates which is hard after a 4 month break, BUT am so glad the plastics part of my journey is now over even though having 4 procedures in 7 weeks was tough.

Glad that you are now moving forward on the next stage of your journey.

Would be great to meet you if you come this way, let me know and we can meet up.

I thought I wanted implants as I've always had a large bust - think I was a 44G or H at one stage - got to a 38 DD after losing the weight - but most of that was skin which had to be folded origami style to look full ! - now I'm a 38B and have to say I'm loving it - just enough cleavage to feel femine, totally in proportion with my new shape and fantastic for sports - no bouncing wobble for me or having to wear 2 bras to exercise in ! - plus I can get away with not wearing a bra if I want to - so I'm glad I didn't have implants in the end.  There are pictures on my blog if you want to see what a different a lift alone made.

Anyway, hopefully we can meet up at some stage.

Take Care
Debbie x

New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

newmeki
on 8/24/11 6:14 pm - Saudi Arabia
Deb,
Just looked at your pics. YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations to you.... I will contact you when I come that way. It would be great to see you.

michellemj
on 8/23/11 10:21 pm
I second to posting on the PS forum. You'll see that it's pretty common to do a two stage lift and then augmentation. I think some surgeons want to see how you recover from the lift so you get better results from the augmentation.

I'm starting to consider PS myself and I don't really want an augmentation. I may change my mind if my bewbies are too small following the lift, but I've been large chested all my life and I'd really like to be small for once. :)

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

newmeki
on 8/24/11 5:38 pm - Saudi Arabia
Hi Michelle, Actually I might just decide to do the lift only but we will see. The girls have had a journey of their own and I might just be so happy that they are not pointing south anymore that I will stop there. We will see.
Funny I remember when I was younger I wanted them to be bigger and then can the kids and the breastfeeding and the yo yo weight....wow, the girls need a break....
I know that this is a part of the journey and so far it has been one heck of a ride!!!! By the way, congratulations on your weight loss....that is awesome!!!!

SassyItalian
on 8/23/11 11:14 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

I am having my plastic surgery in the next few months (TT, breast lift, +- augmentation) and from all the research I have been doing many doctor's feel it is better to do the augmentation in a separate surgery as your doc suggested.

We can beat ourselves up over what we have done to our bodies. I too get so mad at myself for gaining weight, for having strech marks, cellulite, and for needing a breast lift and tummy tuck AT AGE 27 and I never even had kids! And even when I have these corrective procedures I will have the big scars to show for them. But what is the alternative????

It suck! But its history. And we write our own futures. So do what the doc suggests..follow his protocols..try and get rid of some ab flab..do the 2 procedures separately...and I am sure you will be able to erase the damage done.

Onward and upward!!! (with perkier breasts and flatter tummies)

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views