how was your recovery? when can u work out?

nellegirl1
on 8/24/11 11:49 am - Huntersville, NC
Hi all, I'm having VSG surgery on Monday the 29th!! excited and nervous. I just wanted to know how was everyone recovery? I'm on my two week liquid diet ad I've lost 10 pounds.

How soon after can you get back into the gym? I love my workout classes.

tristak
on 8/24/11 11:52 am
My recovery was quite smooth.  I returned to work 2 weeks post-op (desk job) and resumed light cardio at 4 weeks post-op (light cycling or easy treadmill), then at about 6 weeks I got the OK to resume strength training - keeping all weights light and slowly working my way back up.

Best of luck to you!

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

suthernqueen
on 8/24/11 11:54 am
my recovery was very easy once I got over the nausea and low grade fever.

I went back to work a week early and only took that long because my doc appt was a week after my surgery.

left the hospital and next day had a great 5th b day party for my son.

now 8mths out and no issue. thank God!!!

Palmettosleeve
on 8/24/11 12:09 pm - Pawleys Island, SC
hi nelle. im from myrtle beach sc so im right around the corner from ya. i just had the vsg this past monday the 22nd. i posted in todays forum my whole preop and postop forum. go check it out itll be helpful. you're gonna have to wait about 2 weeks or until clearance to swim, beng, lift, etc. mine dont want me exercising too much until 6 weeks out! good luck w/ your journey. it may be a long road to get there, and some pain after the actual surgery, but its all worth it! im here if you need to talk
starting weight: 341, goal weight: 150, 1st goal: 250, 2nd goal: 199, final goal: 150

Lil M.
on 8/24/11 12:52 pm, edited 8/24/11 12:52 pm - myrtle beach, SC
Hi!   I am in Myrtle beach as well where did you get your sleeve done?  I am military retired I have to go to Augusta, GA to get sleeved my first appointment is the 13th of September.

Palmettosleeve
on 8/24/11 2:21 pm - Pawleys Island, SC
awsome! we'll have to meet up! i got mine done my dr washington in Conway. at the Conway hospital. do you not have insurance? why do you have to go to GA? the only place theyll see vets? dr washington was AMAZING. i would suggest to use him if you go local. i had my surgery monday and im home and doing wel
starting weight: 341, goal weight: 150, 1st goal: 250, 2nd goal: 199, final goal: 150

Lil M.
on 8/24/11 9:11 pm - myrtle beach, SC
 I am so glad to hear you are doing well.  Retired military you have if you want the sleeve you have to go to a army hospital the has a doctor that dose the sleeve.  I went to Dr. Washington's seminar back in July.  I really liked him as well but, I guess I have to go where I don;t have to pay anything.  I will attend his support group after having surgery,  Maybe we can meet up.
It was nice talking to you.
Mrsk2011
on 8/24/11 10:54 pm
Hey nellegirl1 we are surgery sisters omg im so excited. I only had 1 week of the liquid diet thank god. Look forward to seeing ya on the other side..Best of luck for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views