Pre-op next week...

Soosy
on 8/25/11 3:57 pm - TX
Really starting to freak out a little. I mean I'm ready, but my head is totally jacking with me! I completely broke the rules today on food and I still have a few #s to lose by pre-op! What was I thinking? The good thing though is when I crave something now it's always protein! I tried to make up for my mid-day binge by having a shake for dinner. And I'm going to try not to get on the scale for a couple of days... But if by Tuesday I haven't reached pre-op goal I'm going liquids for two days!

Anyway... I'm usually a know it all with (IMHO) the words of wisdom to offer others. Today I feel weak and helpless and totally unprepared for what my future holds! I can't sleep, I'm weepy, and the more ppl ask me if I'm getting excited the less excited I feel! To top it off I've had this chesty cough for a week now that seems to finally be under wraps- I think.

I'm attributing the never ending hunger I had yesterday and maybe even my weepiness to being on the pill again for the first time in 5 yrs... Nevermind the life altering surgery coming up in just a few weeks! Lol!

I guess I just want some reassurance that it's normal to feel like this!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

VickyBT
on 8/26/11 7:48 am - MI
You are going through some major changes so of course you are going to be anxious but before you know it you will be through surgery and on your way to recovery.
Just don't entertain your fearful thoughts...
get busy and do soemthing else to distract yourself.
Worrying never accomplishes anything.
Hang in there...I'm right there with you.
Getting my sleeve Aug. 30th.
You're not alone.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views