Hmmmmm....I don't understand this...

frankiekikimommy
on 8/26/11 1:24 am - NY
VSG on 01/18/11 with
I don't understand this,  maybe someone can shed some light.    I haven't felt good (cold, dizzy) for about a week so I haven't worked out...and I am down 7lbs for the week.

Feel free to comment...LMAO...because this is so ODD.

Thanks you EVERYONE for all your support!!!!!!!!!

debk21
on 8/26/11 1:41 am - Mansfield, TX
Have you been colder since surgery?  I definitely have (except when I walk outside and it's friggin 107 every day here).  That has just been a constant side effect for me, which sure beats roasting all the time pre-surgery.  As to the dizziness, I had a bout with that because my blood pressure went too low and my doc cut my BP meds and it cleared up.  I've also heard that dehydration may cause the dizziness so make sure you get your water in.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

DrHollywood
on 8/26/11 2:10 am, edited 8/26/11 2:13 am - Harbor City, CA
Hi 

it could be and I am not a doctor but just sharing my experience.

Cold:  right after surgery when I was cold. I realized I was in ketosis.  From being on the Lindora
Program and ketosis is their focal point.  I know my body when it lacks Fat and oils My body
is colder.  So  what I did with the sleeve is added like a TBS of peanut butter or just a tiny bit
of avocado. As soon as i did this, it changed for me, I was no longer cold easily.   Again this is just me and i know my body.

Dizzy:  When i get Dizzy, sometimes it is dehydration.  I think I am getting enough water, or do
but then slack off.  I have been Dizzy too and really dont know exactly what it is from.  All I know
is that when I take a look at everything I am doing, I am slacking on water.  I almost get
this flush feeling.  Hopefully I am not in menapause.

Your Weight loss 7 lbs.  Congratulations.  it was prolly time for your body to lose. I lose like that...
big chunks then nothing for a week or two. 

Hopefully your not coming down with anything. But since your dizzy, it is a good idea to call your doctor and let him/her know your symptoms.  This is important.  Keep us posted and i hope you feel better.  

Huuuugs

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

sarahjnkc
on 8/26/11 2:34 am - MO
Also having your salt levels thrown off will cause you to be dizzy and not feel good.  Try some gatorade or pediasure with electrolytes.

Also, low blood sugar can cause coldness and dizziness.

If it continues, I would give a shout out to the doc's office.
         "The grass is not  greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it. "  HW: 258 CW: 222    
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 4:51 am
If this doesn't resolve soon, go to your doc for some basic labs (if you haven't just recently..) Anemia can do this to you easily.. cold, dizzy, tired.. If nothing else changed in your intake,I'd get it checked if it persists.
ib40
on 8/26/11 1:17 pm
During past diets, I have always been cold when doing "low carb" eating. I have to go to sleep with multiple blankets, socks, pajamas, and a down throw around my feet. It's actually a little ridiculous, but the low carb does it to me.
Most Active