surgery on monday 29th

windyacres
on 8/26/11 1:23 pm - Garner, NC
 I had my surgery on Monday, and I am impressed!  I talked to my surgeon about my anxiety (I take meds for anxiety) and he told me to tell the anesthesiologist so they could give me something for it early on.  When I met with the anesthesiologist, he told me I could take a Xanax the morning of surgery and he ordered some IM Versed for me while I was being prepped for surgery.  I was so wired, I couldn't even tell I had taken it!  Many people fall asleep from it.

Of course, I don't remember anything about the surgery.  I had a brief period of strong pain in the recovery room which was treated immediately.  I remember hearing or being told that I had lost about 50cc of blood, which is NOTHING.

I have not taken any pain meds today.  I have no desire to eat, although my family really pushed me by eating delicious pizza.  I've lost 4 pounds since surgery on clears.  I am blessed, there is absolutely nothing about having done this so far, that I can't deal with easily.

I'm having a hard time staying down and resting.

Just remember, you are doing this for your health.  It is medically necessary.  Oh, by the way, my surgeon commented that I was on "a boatload" of diabetes meds and I haven't needed any since the surgery, although I had an endocrinology consult and she told me how to monitor and treat if I have some spikes once I start eating more real food.

Follow your head, stay firm in your decision, trust your care providers.

Edie
Approved 8-1-11, Surgery 8-22-11  SW 231, Goal 140, CW 165

twellington1
on 8/26/11 9:17 pm - NH
Mine is on Monday too!!  I am excited and nervous but I know I am doing the right thing.  Mostly it is the "unknown" that is making me nervous.  How will my body feel?  How will my mind take this?  How much pain will I be in?  Oh and will the hurricane that is coming up the coast have any affect on my plans LOL?  I know what I have to do after the surgery thanks to all my research I am ready for that part it is the adjusting to the change I am worried about.  Anyway good luck talk to you on the other side!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views