surgery on monday 29th

nellegirl1
on 8/26/11 9:32 am - Huntersville, NC
I'm having VSG surgery on Monday the 29th and I'm sooo nervous. praying that i am doing the right thing and that i won't have any complications.  I have PCOS and i want more babies in the future with out having to go through fertility. I have a two year old and my mind is on being healthy for her and being around to see her grow up and enjoying life with her. One thing i am looking forward to is going on all the kiddy rides with her. I'm just nervous about the whole thing, nervous and excited. how was your recovery? I'm also going to be out of work for two weeks (desk job) how did u feel when u went back to work?

frostylost
on 8/26/11 9:53 am
Well I can't answer any of your questions but I can say I am right there with ya ;) I will be sleeved also on Monday at CMC-Mercy by Dr. Gersin. And like you, I plan to return to work in 2 weeks & also a desk job. Just hang in there, its ok to be nervous, I will be praying for us both to have an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Good luck to you and I will see you on the other side!
 ~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
nellegirl1
on 8/26/11 9:56 am - Huntersville, NC
wow !! I'll be at CMC Mercy as well. mine is at 11:30am.
frostylost
on 8/26/11 10:08 am, edited 8/26/11 10:35 am
Hmmm, mine is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. thats awful close together, I guess they have dual operating rooms or maybe we will be in their together?? So long as we don't have the same surgeon I won't be too concerned. lol I was told to be their by 9a.m. so I'm guessing I will be seeing you around before it all goes down huh? Thats pretty neat.
 ~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
sherrylb
on 8/26/11 10:21 am - TX
I had my VSG on May 24.  It was the best thing for me! I have no regrets, am doing well, and shedding my weight.  I can't believe I waited so long.... and had so many doubts .... so unnecessary with the sleeve.  I was not comfortable with the RNY and waved for 5 years over that proceedure. When the option for the sleeve was presented, it seemed much more like something I could really accept and live with in the future.  I actually wasn't a candidate for the RNY because I take nsaids for arthritis, but no one had ever presented that problem or offered the sleeve until I attended the information session in Cedar Park, Tx, in January.   It's wonderful, absolutely no regrets!  I hope you'll feel the same.  Yes, I think you can go back to work in two weeks. I was taking care of my husband after complications in his surgery by then, and weeks afterward!  Be sure to eat right in those first few weeks - it's a must!!!
HW 356  Surgery program Start W 337  SW 317 Goal 175        
Mrsk2011
on 8/26/11 10:55 am
Good luck ladies ill be on the table @ 12:15 monday morning. I am also so very excited and nervous at the same time. Good luck to u both ill see you ladies on the other side.. @sherrylb thank for the info us newbies need every little bit of encouragement we can get atleast i know i do..

Paige1
on 8/26/11 11:45 am
Hi!  I am having surgery on Tuesday, Aug 30th, and I am freaked out.  I have been wanting surgery for 5 years, and now that it's all happening the nerves are showing up big time.  I was totally sold on the lapband surgery until 3 weeks ago when I met with the Registered Dietician.  It was at this point that I decided to change to the sleeve.  I am confident in my decision, but as you feel, it is still scary.  Excited and scared.  I have a wonderful husband and we have 2 daughters, ages 13 and 5.  I don't want my excess weight to hold my back from doing things any longer.  I wish you all the very best and will be praying for you on Monday!  How long will you be in the hospital?
nellegirl1
on 8/26/11 11:50 am - Huntersville, NC
Yes we all need the encouragement!! and it's awesome that someone else is having surgery same day and same place that i am, just a different Dr. I have to be in at 9:30. See u in recovery!! and good luck to everyone else on your journey

CoolBeans
on 8/26/11 11:54 am - MD
 I went back to work at 2.5 weeks and I feel pretty good, but am still tiring easier than normal. The biggest issue for me is adjusting my routine to the schedule. But it has to be done sometime. 
 Cari    
Yensevillook28
on 8/26/11 12:31 pm
I too am kinda nervous. I'm having my vsg on the 31st. I must say that the people on this website are great in terms of support. We will all be fine.. I hope so!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views