Making my brain work

daddysgrl
on 8/28/11 10:23 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Im 4 and a half months out and lately i find myself falling back into my pre-surgery pattern. I constantly think of food and have been grazing again. More healthily though( before i would eat cookies, or chips all day long and now i snack on nuts and string cheese) I just am worried I will go back to my old ways and I'm scared. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you get over it?

roundater
on 8/28/11 11:52 am - Lincoln, NE
I found that increased physical and mental activity helped me break carb craves. I work out for an hour each day at a gym and try to keep my mind active with puzzles and web sites like this one.
Rich Sonderegger

CoolBeans
on 8/28/11 12:10 pm - MD
 Do you have an eating schedule? How many times do you eat throughout the day? My Nut recommends not eating again in less than 3 hours. Having a meal (or snack) every 3-4 hours while awake. This would be a maximum of 5 mini-meals. I am a lot earlier out than you, but I was trying this pre-surgery too and I found it helpful to look at the clock when I would have a desire to put something in my mouth at a time when I was not supposed to and remind myself that I only needed to wait another hour or hour and half max. 
 Cari    
Maryatt50
on 8/29/11 2:41 am
You can fall right back in to your old habits.  I know i have - I am 1 1/2 years out and find that I have problems with snacking and unhealthy choses.  This is a tool - we still have to do the work.  I recently changed my exercise patterns and I think this has helped some.  Take care and Good Luck
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views