Aria Women's Protein

Lissette M.
on 8/30/11 11:35 am - NJ
VSG on 08/11/11 with
Have any females tried Aria Women's Protein? I tried it yesterday for this first time. Only had 2oz a puked. Maybe I drank it too fast?! I am not really taking any protein supplements and I am almost 3 weeks out.

Elaine2
on 8/30/11 12:29 pm - Atlanta, GA
I assume Aria Women's Protein is a protein powder? (Obviously I haven't tried it, if so).
Maybe you drank too fast or maybe you just didn't like it?

When you say that at 3 weeks out you're not taking any protein supplements---does that mean you aren't using any pre made shakes or powders? Are you able to get all your protein in to meet your surgeon's goals at 3 weeks?  Just wondering---I still use a protein shake over a year later. (My protein goal is 80 g per day).

Lissette M.
on 8/30/11 12:46 pm - NJ
VSG on 08/11/11 with
It is a powder. i have tried sipping it today, but it still isn't sitting too well with my tummy.

My surgery was on 8/11 and I am not taking any shakes or powders. I am not meeting the 70g of protein the doctor recommended. I am so upset today. What kinds do you suggest?

newmeki
on 8/30/11 12:52 pm - Saudi Arabia
Hi, I use the Bariatric Eating proteinpowder called PURE. It can be ordered from www.bariatriceating.com  I use the unflavored PURE and I can put it in my soups, coffee, whatever. It has no smell and it dissolves very easily.
Love it...just ordered 3 containers. It will take a few weeks to get here but worth the wait.
Hope this helps.
Franda

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

Elaine2
on 8/30/11 1:04 pm - Atlanta, GA
OK---you need to be meeting your fluid goals first and your protein goals. At least as close as possible at this point. At 3 weeks, it's almost impossible to get 70 g of protein with food only, in my  opinion. I assume you're on mushies or soft foods only?

Go to GNC or a Vitamin Shoppe. They're a little expensive so you might not want to use them long term. But for the immediate need----try some different types of ready made singles like EAS or Lean Body. I think GNC has a new one called LEAN.  There's also Premiere at Costco that allot of folks like.  As far as protein powders, you can try EAS, Jay Robb----lots of choices, just purchase the smallest containers until you find one you like. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the one you can tolerate----you don't have to love it but it helps!

I use Lean Body (Vanilla, Chocolate and Banana)---tastes like melted ice cream to me. The calories are a little high at 260 but 40 protein and 9 carbs. I get the 17 oz container and do 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for a mid morning snack.

After that, focus on things like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc for additional protein.

Good luck and sorry ----I'm a little wordy this evening.

Lissette M.
on 8/30/11 1:15 pm - NJ
VSG on 08/11/11 with
Thanks ladies! I will try the above. Today I was actually asking myself if the surgery was worth it. I have no energy and need to get my protein intake up.

CrystalGal
on 8/30/11 4:47 pm
Lissette,
I, too, am 3 weeks out from having the VSG.    I am finding it Very Hard to even eat at this point, much less get any amount of protein in.    The mere thought of food nauseates me.
My dietician/nutritionist recommended New Whey Liquid Protein.  There are 42 g of protein in 3.8 fluid ounces - it has the consistency almost like a syrup so needs to be thinned into SF Kool Aid, water or any other liquid you may be drinking to stay hydrated.   The product comes in various flavors and can be purchased at GNC or (I found out today) at CVS Pharmacies.   It was suggested that I could also thin it with water and pour into ice pop molds to make popsicles.

The 3 week mark must be a time of reflection because I just last night told my sorority sisters that if I knew before what I know now - I probably would have had  some hesitation in proceeding with the surgery.
(I am sharing this because I am sure we are not alone in regrets - I (myself) think it must be hormonal thoughts)!!      At least that is what I am blaming it on!

Our bodies have gone through some pretty drastic changes since surgery --- prayerfully, I am believing that it has been for the good and that these 'weepy', regretful thoughts and feelings are merely a passing phase as the body heals.    SOMEONE - please tell me I am correct - oh please, please, Pretty Please - let this be true!       ;-)

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death.      

Elaine2
on 8/30/11 11:08 pm - Atlanta, GA
Ladies-----
I'm going to wear out my welcome on this thread but............
And, I usually say to follow your NUT instructions.......

You might want to read the attached link about the protein shots. These are made primarily of collagen protein (the 2nd ingredient?). Most will recommend to leave these alone. Plus you might want to google collagen protein.  Plus they taste horrible.

It does get better. You're only 3 weeks out. Still recovering. Find a protein shake that you can tolerate, Get your fluids and protein in. When you get to regular foods, you'll feel better.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4440059/PSA-Protein-Bu llets-or-Shots-Why-you-dont-want-them/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4423770/The-Problem-wi th-Liquid-Collagen-Protein/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views