9 days out...is this normal?

stacezoe
on 9/2/11 1:38 am
Hi all....

I'm 9 days post op today, and all and all I feel pretty good, I'm getting about 70-90 grams of protein and just about all my water (I'm trying) but if I count the skim milk in my shakes I'm way over 64oz of liquid. Broth tastes and smells nasty to me for some reason, but Pureed egg drop soup is going down ok, I have that once a day while my family eats dinner, about 2-3 oz total

Okay, so my pain is almost gone, just a pang when I stand or sit or roll over at night, or dumbly try and bend over (shave my legs...DON'T DO IT). Soo all and all I feel pretty good, until I stand up...then I get all hot and clammy and nautious....almost like I have the flu. Seems to be getting worse not better...is this normal? I don't want to over react, but I also don't want to under react either, my Husband says my color drains too...

I'd appreciate some feedback please, its starting to freak me out...
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Ashley O.
on 9/2/11 1:44 am
I don't knwo if your on any blood pressure medicine, but i know with mine(I'm on Aldactone) if i stand up too quickly my blood pressure drops and i feel like that too.

Super slow when you stand up.. take it easy... just stand for a moment or two before you walk, aswell..

Thats helped me.

I'm fairly sure it can happen even if your not on any blood pressure medicine, aswell. But it happens to me too.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

boomercd
on 9/2/11 2:10 am - OH
sorry your having these problems Your only 9 days post-op from a major surgery. some time it takes a while to get your sea legs, add to that the fact that your consuming a fraction of the calories that you use to. and that in itself is enough to cause some of these symptoms, plus your BP could be dropping, I felt the same kind of things, but it does get easier, keep doing what your doing get you protein and fluids and walk walk walk, your body will come along soon.....hugs Connie

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

stacezoe
on 9/2/11 8:04 am
thanks for all the help.....
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Chrissynena
on 9/2/11 12:40 pm - MI
That happened to me too. I found out it was my sugar medicine. Once I stopped taking that, I felt fine!

Good luck!

mleena
on 9/2/11 1:51 pm
It sounds like hypoglycemia with the sweating and nausea.  Do you have a way to check your blood sugar?

Another possibility is low blood pressure or low electrolytes.  I was getting really dizzy until I started adding G2 to my diet.

May not be a bad idea to call your doctor's office to tell them what is going on.  They may want to adjust some of your meds.

HW:  329  Pre-Op: 310  SW:  282  (8/22/11)  CW:  258

Jerilynk75
on 9/3/11 1:18 am - TX
I had to borrow your egg drop soup idea...the thought of plain broth has been making me gag. I went to a Chinese food place nearby and got a quart for $3.00. I figure that the boyfriend can have it and and I am going to puree it and then stir in a tiny bit of unflavored protein powder.....otherwise, I am back to my Isopure Zero Carb glass bottles. Don't get me wrong, I like them....they remind me of Gatorade, only better! But it would be nice to expand my horizons a bit!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views