One month surgiversary!

Audra L.
on 9/5/11 1:45 pm - WA
VSG on 08/05/11 with
Woo hoo! I've lost 36 pounds so far.  My husband, who had surgery the same day, has lost nearly 60 pounds!  (He was on a liquid diet for 3 weeks prior to surgery).  We both feel great and are adjusting to our new sleeves.  Today we went on a nice longish walk (1.5 hours) through the woods and it was great.  We've walked this path before and today it was easier without the extra weight.  Our dog enjoyed the exercise, too. :)

I'm still getting used to eating so little.  I can't believe how quickly our tummies fill up.  It's amazing!  I'm learning to put down my fork/spoon between each bite, and to not overload said spoon/fork when eating.  But so far, I have not slimed, so I figure I'm doing okay.  The best part about it all, is that I'm not ravenously hungry anymore.  Every once in a while I feel the need to eat (e.g. when I haven't eaten in 4+ hours, I start to feel empty), but not like in the past, especially considering how little we eat.

Well, I'm going to finish enjoying my dessert: Matrix chocolate mint cookie shake. Yum!

Thanks to everyone for all your support so far!

HEIGHT: 5'8"          HIGHEST WEIGHT: 285          CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

91Annie15
on 9/5/11 2:10 pm - CA
 That is fantastic!  I'm glad you both are doing so well.  Congratulations!  
-AA   
fysicsgrl
on 9/5/11 2:14 pm
Congrats! 

I'm jealous that you and your husband got sleeved at the same time.  Mine is trying to lose weight but does stupid things like not eat all day and then "pigs out" at dinner.  I try to bite my tongue but it's hard sometimes.  He has managed not to eat any fast food for about a month (he had pizza the other day at work because the boss bought lunch).

CoolBeans
on 9/5/11 4:12 pm, edited 9/5/11 4:12 pm - MD
 Congratulations on a great month. I was sleeved the day before you. I am relieved to have this first month out of the way. Here's to many more successful months for both you and your husband. 
 Cari    
Aelfwynn
on 9/6/11 2:35 am - Canada
So exciting for you and your husband! I'm about 11days out, and I haven't lost anything for the last week, but it's great to see that kind of progress at 1 month out.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views