Hungry, Cranky, Nervous and excited

gapmom
on 9/7/11 6:13 am - TX
I finished all my pre-op appointments and am struggling with the pre-op diet. Headaches, tired and just plain hungry.  However, I am getting excited about the surgery (9/13/11) but am nervous also. Broke out in a rash when talking to the nurse. Thankfully, I came home and read some posts that reassured me that I am not alone. Everyone seems to go through the range of emotions I am feeling. I will be very thankful when I am done on Tuesday and begin this new chapter in my life. Thanks for all the postings. They really do help.
AMGent
on 9/7/11 6:42 am
Hi Gapmom,
    Like you i am 6 days away from my surgury, and i have been through all of those emotions. I just keep telling myself this time next week i will be in recovery. WE can do this!!! Hang in there and do your very best to stick to the liquid diet. It will be worth it, i have lost 6 pounds and to me thats a great incentive. I havent had surgury yet and im already on the losers bench.
LOVING life as a LOSER!! 

joeswife
on 9/7/11 7:39 am - CA
Hey I am right therre with you guys, just a few weeks behind your surgery schedule. Boy doesn't this whole thing play mind games with you? It does me! I am a self pay, big sacrifice, so sometimes I think well why not just do another diet and you just might finally have lasting success. But my real mind comes knocking and says quit kidding yourself! You have been on this yoyo thing for 30 years, give it uo already. I am also mourning some of my old friends inthe food world. But I know it will be worth it in the end. I love coming to OH, everyday obsessively I may say , it helps me tremendously just reading!
Good luck to both of you!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/11 7:57 am - New Westminster, Canada
2 months post-op and 26 pounds down.  The emotions are normal just keep looking at before and after photos of other people this will make you feel better.

I will try post some tomorrow.
You will be fine.  Way to go, your on your way....YIPPEE! This will all be a faded memory soon.....
gapmom
on 9/7/11 7:36 am - TX
 Thanks Amanda. I appreciate the heads up. You are right of course, just helps to hear it again. Good luck to you and congrats on the weight loss. Keep posting and let me know your progress. I will do the same. Blessings!!!!!
Jackie00
on 9/7/11 7:47 am
oh oh I start my liquid diet soon and I guess I am just going to be drinking protein shake after protein shake. Hope it keeps me full. Is there a limit to the calories while you are on the liquid diet, I didn't see that mentioned in my plan other then to avoid sugars, carbs, and fat. I just hope I can handle my pre op, it sounds pretty tough
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

VickyBT
on 9/7/11 9:41 am - MI
It doesn't really get better after surgery with recovery and a prolonged process before you can eat real food again but I'm sure its worth the sacrifice. I'm 9 days out and can't wait to start mushies.
Losing 2 lbs a day since surgery!  Amazing!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views