Day 1 Liquid Diet

jessicae
on 9/8/11 11:27 am
So my surgeon requires a 3 week liquid diet of 3-4 slim fast shakes and 2-6 servings of applesauce, yogurt, or sugar free pudding/jello.  He was kind enough to tell me I could ease into the diet my first week as long as I was completely on liquids for the last 2 weeks.  After day 1 I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself, although a little hungry and have a headache right now.  I had shakes for breakfast and dinner and a real meal for lunch.  My binge time is at night so this is the hardest time of day for me.  Will probably be going to sleep pretty soon to hopefully beat the hunger pains! 

Am kind of in denial that these last 3 weeks are actually here.  After preparing for 6 months, it doesn't feel real that my surgery is this close. 
Kate1106
on 9/8/11 11:48 am - NJ
 Hey!  We have the same doc!  I just saw him today actually.  

The pre-op diet was no joke.  It was HARD!  I had to do it for three weeks.  I'm not proud to say I cheated once or twice.  I lost 12 lbs and Dr. Soriano seemed pleased.  

You're gonna be great.  You are almost there.  Keep up the good work.  It's tough, but it really was good practice for post-op.  Since we have the same doctor and all, if you want to, we could email.  PM me for my email address.  I was just sleeved on 9/1.  I'm one week out and I've already lost 16 lbs.

jessicae
on 9/8/11 10:00 pm
Hi Kate,

I've never talked to someone who actually had him, so that would be great to talk privately about it!  I am going to try and attempt to figure out how to do a private message (technology is not my friend) and will send you my contact info.  The fact that you are 1 week out and able to give encouraging advice makes me feel better. lol. 

I'm actually thankful I have to get used to this pre-op because I think if I had to go through physical pain after surgery AND not eat over it, I'd be a hot mess. 

Talk to you soon!

Jessica
Meme10
on 9/8/11 11:59 am - TX
I was on a two week liquid diet for my band surgery. I ate tuna and a boiled egg when the hunger got too bad that first week. I am going to start easing in to my liquid diet next week. You can do it! After the first three days on protein shakes you will lose your hunger. If you have to cheat .....eat a small amount of protein.
              HW-307  lapband-243  SW-250  CW-225  GW-150                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views