Bad taste in my mouth

duranie512
on 9/9/11 1:00 pm - OH
HI got a questions....6 days out from my surgery I started getting a  bad taste in my mouth...not a metallic taste but like sour something...not sure how to explain it.  Has anyone else experienced this and does it go away???
mama2girls
on 9/9/11 11:47 pm
Its normal after surgery I think a lot of ppl get it and it'll subside when u start eating, however I did end up having thru**** was painful and bad tasting and of course very white

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

duranie512
on 9/10/11 1:55 am - OH
Thanks Mama...I was hoping it would go away when I started eating more solids!!
twellington1
on 9/10/11 3:28 am - NH
I had that problem at first and now I have thrush....not pleasant AT ALL!!!  I kept brushing my teeth and trying to get my mouth to feel clean until I figured out what it was (thanks to this forum)  Problem now is I have to wait for Monday for a script. 

mama2girls
on 9/10/11 4:21 am
That sucks I was lucky cuz I have a baby and had some of her left over medicine

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/10/11 1:19 pm - Tuvalu
On September 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM Pacific Time, twellington1 wrote:
I had that problem at first and now I have thrush....not pleasant AT ALL!!!  I kept brushing my teeth and trying to get my mouth to feel clean until I figured out what it was (thanks to this forum)  Problem now is I have to wait for Monday for a script. 

Ya know...I just assume that because I'm SUCH a lucky girl, I need to approach candida from all possible fronts.

That means, once I get it SOMEWHERE, I do my damndest to not ALSO have, for example, a vaginal yeast infection.

I keep on hand a bottle of Nystatin (the "swish and swallow" liquid), and a spare couple of Diflucan tablets (tell your doctor you won't overuse it), and I try to remember to keep an in date Monistat vaginal cream on hand.

For those of us who can get thrush or the vaginal issue from LOOKING at an antibiotic prescription...it's just better to ready for all possible attacks.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/10/11 1:14 pm - Tuvalu

Google "ketosis."

When your body starts burning stored up fat, it produces a NASTY taste in your mouth.  So it's good news and it's bad news.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views