OMG, lots of pain! Very Intense

nolabean504
on 9/10/11 1:57 pm - Metairie, LA
I just had the WORST pain I have every had since labor tonight.  So bad is still aches.  Some background - I am almost 2 years post op. I have more than one time overeaten and felt like hell for awhile but this was absoulutely unbearable!  I was doubled over and sweating. I could not cool off.  The pain was under my ribcage on both sides and in my back. I laid on my bathroom floor and prayed that it would go away.  I was a couple of minutes from going to the emergemcy room and I thought I will stick my finger down my throat and just throw up as much as I could, even though I didn't feel like I overate.  Has this happened to anyone else? I mean after almost two years you would think if it was just overeating, I would have had a similiar experience already.  I was literally 5 minutes from going to the hospital.  I am a little freak out and I think a tad sore from the incident.  Any input would be appreciated.  Again, the pain was absolutely unbearable.

percheron
on 9/10/11 2:03 pm
Just curious, do you still have your gallbladder?  It might not hurt to call your doctor or maybe the hospital and give them your symptoms.  Take care, prayers that you feel better. 
Birdie55
on 9/10/11 2:05 pm
Do you still have your gall bladder?  When I had gall bladder attacks, I had a severe pain under my right breast that felt like my whole rib cage was being squeezed.  It was a terrible pain, and then just disappeared.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Jackie00
on 9/10/11 2:51 pm
Sounds like the gallbladder but definitely get it checked out.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

jessiesquash
on 9/10/11 2:59 pm - AZ
 That sounds EXACTLY like what I've been experiencing.  I've had it happen three times now and I'm not certain but I think it's heartburn related.  It usually happens when I forget to take my Prilosec or eat too much acidic foods but that wasn't the case this time so I'm callling my doctor on Monday.  I should mention that I'm about 6 months out and this started for me about 4 months out and like you, it doesn't happen when I overeat.  

I'm sorry I don't have an answer or a solution for you but hopefully we can get this taken care of ASAP because it's truly painful!  If you get a chance, I'd love to hear how it turns out and I would be happy to do the same!

thisbe777
on 9/10/11 3:07 pm
yeah, i'm voting gallbladder (just had mine out in March)

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Grumpy_old_man
on 9/10/11 9:38 pm
I was driving one day a couple years ago. I got a pain so bad and so fast that my truck veered across all lanes of traffic into the side of the road. I kept having the pain off and on for several days. All most as bad a pain as a kidney stone. Gallbladder!!!
Simplyme83
on 9/10/11 11:19 pm
 I would say gallbladder or kidney stones/ or kidney infection. I had kidney infection a few years back and felt like someone was stabbing me in below my ribs and in my back. Def go to the doct girl!! Best wishes!
 ~ Simplyme83~          
Marie M.
on 9/11/11 3:35 am - PA
I had my first gallbladder attack 6 weeks after I had my daughter.  It was FAR more painful than labor--thought I was gonna die.  This sounds like gallbladder to me.

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

nolabean504
on 9/11/11 7:26 am - Metairie, LA
Just spent several hours in the ER, Gallstones for sure. Thanks I feel better now.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views