What do you do when you go out to eat?

yellomodelchick06
on 9/12/11 7:23 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Lets say at a restaurant? Like what do you order? What do you do when everyone else is eating? Do you get a to go box...I go out alot for birthdays, happy hour, etc...need ideas to prepare myself...
sleevegirl
on 9/12/11 7:27 am - Austin, TX
I eat out a good bit. I can always find something. Right now, I'm no salads, no red meat and no shellfish. If it's Mexican, I'll order fajitas for two with my two kids and we share it - hubby sometimes shares with me too. Or I get an appetizer (shrimp ****tail will be a good one when I can have it). 

Otherwise, I get chicken or whatever I want and ask for a box right away so I can box some of it up - the management gets antsy at some establishments thinking you didn't like it. I also always order water, even if I don't drink it.

It's really a non issue.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

injeneral
on 9/12/11 8:09 am
Why can't you have shellfish yet? Just wondering :)
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

sleevegirl
on 9/12/11 11:14 am - Austin, TX
Cuz that is what he says. I need to ask him "why" LOL. I will admit that I've shrimp a few times in the past couple of weeks though. It was fine.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

percheron
on 9/12/11 7:34 am
See if the place is online and see if they show their menu. 

I had to go yesterday to a family reunion at Okaboji Bar and Grill and had pre reviewed the menu the night before and found their light ideas. 

I had the tilapia with steamed vegetables.  The tilapia was only 138 calories.  I only ate a tiny bit and just asked for a to go container.

Have fun, preview what you can and don't ever be afraid to take it home. 

sleeverinKC
on 9/12/11 7:35 am
I am the same way, it seemed like we were always going out to eat to celebrate something, so I was really nervous about how that aspect of my life was going to change.  Well it really hasn't, I just make better choices when I eat out.  I also always order a water even though I know I am not going to drink it.  One day I ordered an ice tea not even thinking aboutm luckily my hubby drank it so we were ok!  I typically get some sort of chicken dish, almost every place has a chicken and veggies kind of meal, or I get fish.  I wait to ask for a box until the end because I know that my hubby usually will try whatever I get.  I have gotten some questions about whether or not I like it and I always tell them my eyes were bigger  than my stomach...   they seem to be ok with that, lol.
My Journey to a HEALTHY Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend!!   

SassyItalian
on 9/12/11 7:40 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
90% of the time I order an appetizer and take the rest home, usually sauteed mussels or shrimp ****tail type options..

on occassion I will share the meal with someone, but I usually dont because I dont want the junk they are eating!

Sometimes I just order a meal knowing I will have leftovers and dont have them bring me the fries/chips/potatoes that come with a meal and opt for a side of veggies or nothing instead.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 7:40 am
I ask for water, peruse the app menu and try to find the healthiest thing on there (meat based).. if that's a no-go, I get the best entree for my needs and nibble on my portion & ask for a box for the rest. I've only had one server seem concerned and ask if everything was OK, and I just smiled and let her know that it was great, I just couldn't fini**** They don't need an explanation past that..

My usuals- sashimi, bacon wrapped scallops, seared ahi tuna salad, I will pick apart a chicken wing if needed!.. cheese and charcuterie plate, seviche.. basically anything not fried, and not served in a potato skin! My husband and I eat out, and we do what we were doing pre-op, order 1 app & 1 entree and ask they serve them at the same time.. back then, there'd be no leftovers.. now there usually are, and I get to pick off his plate for a little variety. Sometimes we each order an entree and have food for days.

Prettygia
on 9/12/11 8:14 am - MD
I order water to drink and take a crystal light packet. I went to pf changs yesterday for lunch and order the beef with broccoli and told them to hold the sauce. I just ate a few bites of the broccoli and beef and I was done. I asked for a to go box.
[url=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][img]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/fd6b1c6abeed7a2.gif[/img][/url]

MrsHelm1012
on 9/12/11 8:44 am - Washingtonville, PA

I usually order lobster tail. Its so sweet and it chews down pretty easy. I have found that its the perfect size meal to fill me up! Sometimes I may have a bite or two of the Hubbys veggie... If I am somewhere that doesnt have lobster tail, I get an appetizer or shrimp.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views