6 month update with photos

rosapain
on 9/12/11 11:05 am - Amityville, NY
Thank you for the post,ihave not had surgery yet(9/28/11).I am afraid that I will be disappoint because the weight not falling off fast enough.Congratulation, you really look great.
great    
Happy966
on 9/12/11 11:26 am

So glad you're back!  I missed you!!  I really remember your posts when I was a pre-op.  You look really, really good and you should be proud.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

DebbieL.
on 9/12/11 11:55 am - OK
Thank you so much for sharing, giving us an update.  You are doing fantastic!
September903
on 9/12/11 12:52 pm, edited 9/12/11 12:53 pm
You are doing great and thank you for the encouragement. You know I have been crying a lot too, but I had never attributed to weightless. Hmmm... I will have to research this. I have not lost much hair at all. I started my vitamin regimen at least six months prior to my VSG, and I am not sure if that has had any thing to do with the minimal hair loss or not. I graduated in May with my MA in Education so I understand the commitment that goes with family, weight loss, work, school and life. KUDOS to you!!! And my weightless does not seem as rapid as others but I can contest that I am happy to have lost this 54lbs, rather than to have gained it. Keep doing what you're doing.

breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 9/12/11 1:36 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
 68 pounds in 6 months IS amazing!!  Congratulations on your hard work paying off!  I understand what you mean about comparing yourself to others, though.  When I went for my 6 month checkup, I'd only lost 74 lbs.  I was so discouraged because I'd read so many profile where people lost over 100 lbs in the first 6 months; I felt like a failure, too.  But my doctors were happy with my progress, and I just need to trust the process more.  1-2 lbs. a week may not be a huge number, but week after week it will get us where we need to be!  It's amazing to see the difference in your photos-- you look fabulous!!  

carabarnes
on 9/13/11 2:32 am
Thanks for the update! Your doing great!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views