6 month update with photos

viola_120
on 9/12/11 10:17 am - FL
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted.  I'm trying to start posting more now that school is back in session.  Life is very hectic with hubby, child, and assorted pets .  I wanted to give my 6 month stats for all those newbies.

First thing first, words of wisdom for whatever they are worth:  Don't beat yourself up if you do not think you are losing fast enough.  One reason, as sad as it to say, that I don't visit the message boards as much as I used to is because I felt I was not losing weight fast enough and I was not being successful despite tracking everything I eat and following the nuts guidelines.  I have lost an average of 2 lbs a week since surgery.  For whatever demented reason, I feel as if I'm failure.  I have lost 68 lbs in 6 months.  That is amazing.  It took me two years on WW to lose that amount of weight and that was with hours of exercise each week. 

The dichotomy of it all is as much as I feel as if I'm not as successful as I could be, I'm ecstatic with my weight loss.  Intellectually, I know I'm a success.  I guess it is about instant gratification.  I want to be skinny now, not tomorrow!!! Of course, I did not become 250 lbs in one day, so I will not lose the 120 lbs I want to lose in one day--that is just silly.  That is how my head works!!!

Speaking of heads, let me tell you, the crying spats are totally unexpected.  I'll be laughing one moment and suddenly for no discernible reason I start crying and then laughing because I'm crying--ugh. . .my emotions are everywhere.

With that said, my energy level has expediently increased as my weight has dropped.  My legs and feet barely hurt after standing on them all day on concrete while teaching.  I love running  up and down the steps now that my classroom is on the second floor. Last year at this time, I couldn't even walk after work.  I would sit down in my favorite chair and beg my husband to rub my feet.  Not this year, this year I'm off during things and running around and cleaning and just basically enjoying being pain free.  My house has not been this clean on a daily basis in like forever.

Let's talk hair---I'm losing hair but I'm not going bald.  The hair thing drives me nuts. It is more annoying than alarming.  It's annoying because I'm constantly picking it off of my clothes and cleaning my drain so hair won't clog it---other than that I'm the only one who notices  the hair loss for obvious reason.  So, my advice is, don't sweat the hair loss--it really is not a big deal.  My hair dresser says I have super healthy hair-enough said!  If it bothers you too much, there are fabulous hair extensions on the market .

One other frustrating aspect of the weight loss (TMI) is monthly visits.  I never lose weight during that week.  Does it ever **** me off.  On the plus size, I always lose well before and after. . .it just ****** me off. . .hmm. . . I think I said that already.  You get the idea.

Ohh, I'm having a wonderful time shopping by the way.  I'm buying size M and they fit.  My pants, depending on the maker, are Size 16 and some 14.  I love the fact that a whole new world of shopping experiences has opened up for me with my smaller size. 

I am a little over half way to my goal and I know I will make it with the next 5 or 6 months.  I can't wait, instant gratification and all.

Thanks for reading my long post, I hope it helps any newbie out there in cyber world!

HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
Ms. Poker Face
on 9/12/11 10:29 am
You have done fantastic!!  Keep rockin' your sleeve!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

viola_120
on 9/13/11 12:23 am - FL
Thank you for your words of encouragement
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
SassyItalian
on 9/12/11 10:29 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
congrats on your success so far! you are doing great. 

it must be such a relief for your feet and legs losing almost 70lbs and having to stand all day..

keep rocking your sleeve!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

viola_120
on 9/13/11 12:24 am - FL
My legs and feet are definitely appreciative of the weight loss--I don't nearly have as many leg/toe cramps as I did before.
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
susanpalmer
on 9/12/11 10:39 am - annapolis county, Canada
Congrats on the weight loss. And thank you for all the advice I have not had my surgery yet but read every day and love all the before and afters.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

91Annie15
on 9/12/11 11:02 am - CA
 Way to go!!!  Congratulations!  You're doing great and you look fantastic!  Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us!
-AA   
viola_120
on 9/13/11 12:25 am - FL
Your welcome
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
katier825
on 9/12/11 11:03 am
Howdy stranger!  I was wondering how you were doing...now I see you are doing fabulous!  68 lbs is a great loss!  You are so funny about the house cleaning...my hubby says why can't I do that...now I have more energy, I spend it quilting rather than cleaning! LOL

I thought I might have a few more shirts for you and a couple of other things, but it sounds like they might be too big now...XL's I think.  If you want them, let me know.
viola_120
on 9/13/11 12:26 am - FL
Kathy,

Thank you so much for the clothes.  They are invaluable.  I'm wearing a couple of pair of the 14 jeans now .
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views