Ulcer and the Sleeve

startingover1
on 9/12/11 11:40 pm - MI
I just got back from my ENG (Gastric Scope).  They found a small ulcer and did a biopsy on it.  I am concnerned by surgery will be postponed (up to 2 months).  My date is 9/20 and I am mentally ready.  I am so worried that I will have to wait.

Has this happened to anyone else???

Pkrplyr777
on 9/13/11 1:26 am - CT
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it is just a small thing that will pass quickly.

I know I've given myself pepcid ulcers a couple times by taking too much Advil over the course of a few days. But they went away in a few days when I stopped taking it.

So maybe your stomach will heal fast.

You didn't feel any pain or upset? When I had mine it was painfully horrible.
(which begs the question....why did I do it to myself twice, huh?)

Where is it located in your stomach?

Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
startingover1
on 9/13/11 5:44 am - MI
I am hoping it is due to the ibuprofen I was taking about a month or so ago for a back injury.  I was on 800 mg for almost 2 weeks.    The Dr. put me on a medication to assist with healing the ulcer and hopefully, I don't get a call by the end of the week postponing the surgery.  I'm heading into day 8 of th liquid diet and it would suck to have to go through that again.

amanda D.
on 9/13/11 3:14 pm - Stayton, OR
i had 3 "ulcer's" when they did my scope.  Turns out it was from all my reflux and surgery is this coming friday.  Wasn't enough to cancel anything.

Good Luck
~Amanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views