1/2 way to goal and feeling exposed!

DisneyMomma
on 9/13/11 7:06 am
VSG on 03/08/11 with
I did a vlog on this last week, but thought I'd throw it out here too! I'm half way to goal (lost 69.4 with 59.8 to go) and I'm feeling really exposed without my fat! I explained it to my hubby like this..."Imagine I'm a football player and I'm running out on the field without my helmet...that's how I feel. Like I'm going to get crushed by those really big guys and have nothing to protect myself with!" I know that it's just mental...that my fat never actually protected me, but my heart felt safe behind my wall of fat and now....it's disappearing really quickly and I feel very exposed. I'm working through getting those negative thoughts out of my mind and off "repeat" and replacing them with truth! It's hard, but I'm doing it! Anyone else feel that way?
Dana (me) - *35* DH - *36* and our 2 beautiful little girls!
Surgery date - 3/8/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers     LilySlim Exercise days tickers
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 7:12 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I didnt this time I lost weight, I was ready for it though, because I had been through it before.

What I did that I *think* made a huge difference?  My exercise, when I was cardio queen, was TurboJam, kicking, punching stuff.  Then I started lifting.  This way I felt STRONG in my body and i felt different in my body.

I am proud of you for replacing old BS with good new truth!  It is challenging, but its some of the best work you are EVER gonna do for you! 

*squeeze*
smbergie200
on 9/13/11 7:16 am - Naples, FL
 Simple solution - wear a helmet! 

Just teasing. Even though I am not struggling with your issue, I feel your frustration. Its your brain and you just need to tell it to hush and behave - take care. 

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Maintaining Cindy
on 9/13/11 7:23 am
I can relate.

Today hubby asked me to help him take down our weather station for maintenance, I said sure but looked like a deer in the headlights.  He said you look worried.  I said last time I helped you I had 80 extra lbs to help me hold the rope.  

He laughed and said, I accounted for that with ropes and pulley's you don't need to use your weight at all.  I was releived and everything went smoothly.

The other day I was lifting the all wood window shutter (I live in Belize) and I pulled on the rope, got it half way up and it stopped going up, no matter what I did, I was basiclaly hanging from the rope with my knees bent squatting and pulling with my entire body weight, and it would not go any further.  

Hubby glanced over and laughed and said jokingly "Put you weight into it", then ran over and pulled it up for me.

I did not realize how much I used my weight for strength...  now I am weakling...  plan to do something about that by getting a home gym one day.

Big hugs, we will adjust,

Cindy

sunnymicki
on 9/13/11 11:53 am
I can relate to what you are saying.  One thing I have realized, through therapy, is that my fat is comforting in that it makes me a little invisible to the rest of the world.  Physically bigger, but people don't pay nearly as much attention to me now as they did when I was much thinner.  Not that I consciously want to be dismissed or overlooked because of my weight, but that I have settled into that role and gotten comfortable with it.  Like it was safer, less risk than standing out. 

I *think* I have moved on from comfortable to being frustrated with that state of being and am ready to be noticed.  But I'm sure I'll have moments like you are describing for sure.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views