4 Months Post Op w/ Pics

MrsHelm1012
on 9/19/11 3:44 am, edited 9/19/11 4:26 am - Washingtonville, PA

So I am just a smidge over 4 months post op. My total weight loss counting what I lost pre op is 80 lbs. I am super excited that I have what I have espically considering what life has been like since surgery. No complications from the VSG... Just lots of bad luck. 6 weeks post op I was in a car accident where I broke 2 ribs and hurt my neck and back (neck had been broken 10 years ago). A month after that while still recovering I had a kidney stone. Most pain I have EVER felt in my life!!! Then I got an awful cold, I spent about a week in my home except for 2 drs visits. At the 2nd visit, the very rude Dr realized I actually had Pneumonia. His attitude quickly changed and he became much nicer when he realized just how sick I was... I am hoping the next 4 months go smoother and I am able to do the things I thought I would do post op. I have been lactose intolerant since Day 1 post op, doesnt really bother me anymore. I have learned to live around it. My hair is falling out, I have hit stalls, struggled to get in enough cals and protein, and developed an addiction to my scale.. Unfortunately somedays, my day is dependant on what the scale says.. I am working on that. None of it matters though, because I wouldnt change my surgery for anything! I havent been my current weight since about 2002/2003. And I feel AMAZING!!! I have gone from a size 3-4x top and 26 pants to an 18w pant and xl or 18/20 top.

Morning of Surgery with my Hubby

2 weeks post op

Yesterday

Leslie P.
on 9/19/11 3:48 am - OH
I hope your luck improves too!! You look wonderful!!

Nancy B.
on 9/19/11 4:08 am - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
YOU are looking great!!!!  So sorry you're having to deal with so much, but I'm hoping it gets better!  It has to, right?
-Nancy 

HW 238    Starting Weight 227   Surgery Weight 212   CW 155
Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
kanga003
on 9/19/11 4:23 am
Nice work!!!  We have almost the exact same starting weight and goal weight... it's great isn't it?  I love my sleeve!

Sorry to hear about all of the bad luck... you've got to be due for some smooth sailing!
Mrsk2011
on 9/19/11 4:43 am
Awesome...u look amazing..sorry to hear about all the back luck things will get better...

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 5:06 am
Any correlation to the kidney stones and the surgery?  or the hair loss and the surgery?
I am suseptible to kidney stones and my doctor said I may be even more suseptible after the sleeve surgery.  Anybody have thoughts on this.
MrsHelm1012
on 9/19/11 5:55 am - Washingtonville, PA

I know a lot of ppl post on here about losing hair around 3-5 months post op. I believe its partly due to a lack of protein, and for me, low iron. I have suffered from iron deficient anemia for a while, I was also told that you are at a higher risk for kidney stones post op, but the reason escapes me right now.

bersjourney
on 9/19/11 6:21 am
So very sorry you are going through some rough stuff on your journey. You look amazing! Keep up the good work.
  Ber HT: 5'0 ~ 1st GW: 199 "My journey starts within myself."
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 415 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views