fullness

atomic_bettie
on 9/19/11 2:12 pm - OK
So, I've been in the mushy food phase for about a week and I've noticed that I fill up very quickly, usually about 1/4 cup of food at a time and feel full.  However, about an hour later, I'm hungry again.  I don't think I'm eating slider food.  Tonight I had some baked salmon with a crab mixture at the sushi restaurant.  I ate 1/2 of a scoop and was stuffed (I'm still trying to work on when to quit eating at the point of being just satisfied).  Then about an hour or so later, I'm hungry again.  Does this happen to anyone or do I need to eat something a little more solid?  Any suggestions?
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 2:41 pm
I'm going to recommend you measure your food. Early on I had the same issue, upon logging/measuring my food I was only consuming on average 50 calories at a time. That was all I could do.

So yes, my pouch would trigger me to eat again once it emptied.

In time, you will be able to consume a little more. I'm 2 1/2 months, I can eat (depending on the food) anywhere from 1/4 dense (chicken, etc) to 1/2 non dense (fish, etc). And I am now eating 3 meals with protein shake or more than one if needed.

I don't know how common this is, but you probably aren't eating as much as it feels. I know for me at your stage, it would take me a half hour or more to get an entire 1/4 cup down with teeny bites. Then 2 hours later I was hungry again.

Once you can get in more dense foods, its easier to go further.

As my surgeon says "don't pu**** stop as soon as you are full" that's the most important. It makes it hard to meet the protein early on (shakes, shakes, shakes) but they want you to baby the pouch. Take your time building up.

Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/19/11 2:46 pm
I think your doing great for starters , i was also like that right after surgery. Just try to eat something if you start to feel hungry and you know its time for you to eat. I had alot of head hunger right after surgery so be careful your not eating too much and its all in your head. Thats the way our sleeves train us to eat smaller portions at a time. good luck to you
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

atomic_bettie
on 9/19/11 2:53 pm - OK
I recently started to use measuring cups and it helps.  The problem with me is that I had always been somewhat of a grazer plus I like the feeling of being full.  So, my problem is when they say eat to feel satisfied and not til your completely full, in my head I'm not satisfied until I'm unbuttoning my pants.  I'm also having problems figuring out when I'm physically hungry vs. when my head says it wants something.  I'm hoping that I figure this out.  I didn't realize how much reliance I put on food until after the surgery.  It's a little daunting.  
Soosy
on 9/20/11 1:52 am - TX
I think you should try to schedule your meals. I say this so you can get to the point of recognizing real hunger vs head hunger. I know, that you know the rule of choosing fluids first. So in between your scheduled meals make sure you apply that rule!!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

thisbe777
on 9/19/11 2:56 pm
maybe it's just me and my interpretation, but "mushy" has always equalled "slider food"...    the denser the protein you eat, the longer you will feel satisfied...

keep pushing fluids and/or protein shakes inbetween meals, and maybe that will help...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

atomic_bettie
on 9/19/11 3:05 pm - OK
I noticed that same thing after I wrote it haha.  I don't know what I meant by that.  I should probably try to drink the protein shakes.  I just hate them so much :X  But they do help!
Elaine H.
on 9/19/11 3:31 pm
Sometimes when you think you are hungry you need water.
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65                                                                           
CoolBeans
on 9/19/11 4:19 pm - MD
 Good post. I was thinking this. Fill yourself with the water, make sure you are not getting dehydrated as it can make you feel hungry. 

My Nut plan says I can eat every 3-4 hours. Generally the earliest I have felt "hunger" after eating is 1.5-2 hours and it always seems fairly easy to wait for that 1-1.5 again. 
 Cari    
joie_de_sleeve
on 9/20/11 12:31 am - IN
This has been happening to me too during the last couple of weeks. But I'm scheduled to advance to the next level next Tuesday, so I figured that was the reason. Great question.

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views