Just starting my journey

melody S.
on 9/21/11 10:47 am - Morgantown, WV
Hello, everyone. I'm Melody. I'm just starting out, and hope to have a VSG. I attended my surgeon's seminar last month, and have my first appointment on 12 October. I assume I will be starting my six month supervised diet then, although I will have a new HMO as of next month, and have no idea yet what their requirments are. I'm willing to jump through as many hoops as they throw at me!

I've already started my diet unoficially. I'm using MyFitnessPal.com to track my food, and I'm doing ok so far. I'm trying to make the necisary changes now, and make them into habits before I have the surgery, so it isn't as much of a shock to me afterwards. The one thing I am having trouble with now is waiting half an hour after meals before drinking anything. I think that could be my stumbling block, and I really don't want to fail.

There are seven days in a week and "some day" is not one of them.

ChangingNow
on 9/21/11 11:08 am - OH
Welcome, Melody.  It is quite a journey you are starting.

I attended a seminar in March and had surgery in May (I was self pay, so no hoops).  It has been over four months since surgery and I can't believe the differences.  I'm also quite anxious to reach goal.

There is a lot of good information on this site (and a bit of not so good information).  Take it all with a grain of salt.

Pre-surgery I also tried waiting to drink after meals and found it very difficult.  Now it is no problem at all.

Best of luck.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

roundater
on 9/21/11 12:11 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hi

Welcome. Hope your journey is as smooth and successful as mine. I had only minimal pain gone in two days no complications and feel absolutely great. May we both have successful journeys together and if there is anything that I can do to help let me know.
Rich Sonderegger

melody S.
on 9/21/11 12:31 pm - Morgantown, WV
ChangingNow, you've set my mind at ease a bit. Thank you. Richard, thank you for the well wishes. I'm hoping for the best and planning for the worst.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views