day 3 and thank you Dr Harriott

startingover1
on 9/23/11 2:15 am - MI
So, I'm home and it's day 3.  Everything is going well.  I start liquid proteins tomorrow and can't wait.  Most amazing sensation is not feeling hungry.  I am getting better with fluids, more each day.  Still taking pain meds, but I think that is more because my period started the second day out of surgery (and I have bad cramping anyway from it).

I don't return to wor****il 10/3 so I am hoping to get myself on a protein/fluid schedule that will work at the office.  I've noticed a drop in energy about 4pm, so will be trying to correct that by going to bed earlier and hopefully the protein and vitamins kick in.

I can't believe I have lost almost 10% of my body weight in 17 days.  That is just crazy.  Been spending my time on line looking a clothes for a cruise mid Novemeber and actually ordered a couple of things.

I can not wait for this phase of my life to really get going.

I know its a tough road ahead, but right now I can't be any more thrilled.

Irinek
on 9/23/11 2:21 am - MI
It's common to experience a drop in energy in the afternoon.  It took me about a month to feel like myself again.  Soon we will be sharing cloths like the old days sis..

rosapain
on 9/23/11 2:22 am - Amityville, NY
CONGRATS, TO YOU ENJOY THE CRUISE AND KEEP US POST.
great    
Jackie00
on 9/23/11 2:37 am
congrats on your surgery, with before (pre op) and after surgery I have lost 18 lbs. 12 since surgery and I am 8 days out. It is amazing and going to try to stay on liquids as long as I can with the occassional bite when I am allowed. Our Thanksgiving will be here when I am allowed pureed foods so I will be able to enjoy nibbling on turkey, if I find it too much I will just spit it out lol.
roundater
on 9/23/11 4:22 am - Lincoln, NE
Way to go! Just enjoy the time off and keeping active (i.e. gym - exericse) is a good way to combat fatigue Help the weight loss process.
Rich Sonderegger

startingover1
on 9/23/11 6:29 am - MI
The one really good thing for me is I have 2 built in role models who have gone through this before me, my sisters.  One is a year out and is different person in a good way, and the other is 5 months out and I have my old friend back.   They have been very supportative and keep pointing me in th right way.  I can't wait to share clothes with them again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views