NSV- stalls suck, but I know that am shrinking!

Jerilynk75
on 9/23/11 5:19 am, edited 9/23/11 5:24 am - TX
I hit that dreaded three-week stall last Friday. I keep telling myself "patience, protein, hydration."

Today, I took the day off work in preparation to head out of town, and had to go pick up a clothing order that had arrived at Lane Bryant. It was a mix of things for my sister and me. While there, I scoured the clearance racks for a pair of shorts to wear in Hawaii next month, as my current collection are all either too large or too small. No dice, they had about four pair of hideous burmuda shorts. Had they been CUTE ones, I would have snapped 'em up!

I walked down the sidewalk to Old Navy, heavy-hearted because I figured I wouldn't be able to wear any of their shorts.

To my delight, I found some baggy-ish looking rolled cuffed light-weight shorts that appeared to be perfect....in two different colors, to boot! But, darn it! They only had the XXL in the light khaki. So, I picked them up, along with an XL cami and a XXL sequined tank. Didn't even feel like trying anything on....just grab and go.

I got home and thought, "let's see how this goes".....

The XL cami fit loosely. Well, darn, I wanted a snug fit.

The XXL tank? I am swimming in it. I thought, "Wow! I might be able to actually wear an XL!"

Then I pulled on the shorts and said, "Holy $#*%!!!" out loud!

Guess who has to go back and exchange EVERYTHING for a smaller size?!?!

Screw you, three-week stall....my ass is STILL shrinking, in SPITE of you!

Paige V.
on 9/23/11 5:22 am - Gainesville, FL
good for you. I am already having a stall..havent lost anything in a week, but my jeans bootie is getting baggy so I must be losing my behind lol! 

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

hrford
on 9/23/11 5:23 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 That is awesome!  That'll teach you not to try stuff on.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Jerilynk75
on 9/23/11 5:25 am - TX
You got that right - -
But, hey - it is an excuse to go shop some more!

blakereimert
on 9/23/11 5:58 am - TX
Yay!!! thats an awesome feeling:) Good for oyu!!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 9/24/11 12:38 am - NY
Awesome NSV!! Keep up the great work!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views