Hi All

sookebunny
on 9/23/11 6:33 am - Canada
I have been waiteing 4+ yrs for my surgey I should be having it in January.

I keep thinking what is the Sleeve does no work on me.

I am 279 LBs, I want to get to 115 and I think to high.
Robin W.
on 9/23/11 6:42 am - Severn, MD

Hi there,

Instead of thinking that way, imagine how you will feel when it DOES work for you. Actually you are the captain, and YOU will be in control. So it will work for you if you make it. I know it's working for me. Good luck to ya.

P.S.

There's plenty of room on the losers bench. I'm holding your spot 

Robin    
roundater
on 9/23/11 6:46 am - Lincoln, NE
It will be the first step on a long journey but it is doable. Good luck and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

felicity2u
on 9/23/11 7:14 am - LA
 I said the same exact thing to my mom.  I had tried so many diets before for years and none of them ever worked and I would always gain the weight back but look at me know, 106lbs down in six and a half months.  If you follow your doctor's diet, work out and stick to plan you will succeed! Good luck to you!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Paige V.
on 9/23/11 9:55 am - Gainesville, FL
yay!!

Sometimes I feel the way you do...what if I am one of the few that do not lose. Then I remind myself with as few calories as I am taking in, I HAVE to lose! Best of luck!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/11 10:00 am
I think a lot of us had that same fear.. if you can lose with a regular low calorie diet, you will def lose with the sleeve.. and I can tell you it is nothing like your past diets. The sleeve gives you a huge helping hand that you've never had before. Imagine what you felt like last time you tried a low calorie diet, now imagine feeling full and satisfied on that same low calorie diet if you can.. that's what the sleeve did for me! Good luck!
sookebunny
on 9/23/11 11:06 am - Canada
thank you everyone.  I really did feel alone. I don't anymore. THere is not a lot of sleeves being done here yet.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views