5 days to go!

jessicae
on 9/24/11 1:50 am
wow... i can't believe the time is finally coming.  i'm so scared, yet excited about what life after surgery will bring... on the last week of my liquid diet pre op and have lost 11 pounds so far.  hoping to be able to lose another 4 before the morning of surgery and make it 15 total. 

i'm going back and forth about my goal weight.  i'm currently 269 and only 5'2 so should be 107-137, which i was 1 time when i was 15 lol.  i think it'd be happy with anything under 160 but will probably change my mind the closer i get.  still in denial that it will even be possilbe for me to shop in regular stores, cross my legs, sit in chairs without worrying, walk into a room without feeling like the biggest one there. 

still terrified of surgery but just want to get it over with now and be done so i don't have the "pre op jitters" anymore. 

anyone else sleeving on 9/29?

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Jackie00
on 9/24/11 2:02 am
Good luck, and jitters are jitters. I know my experience was great and wondered afterwards of what all the stress of it was about.

I know the Mexico surgeons will not give out the narcotics for pain, which they really were not needed anyways. I had acid reflux afterwards and it seemed to have went away when I stopped the pain meds that I was taking and my stomach feels much better.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

DonnaCrosland
on 9/24/11 2:44 am - WA
First - congratulations on the liquid diet success.  You are doing everything to make this a success. 

I am 5 days behind you to get my sleeve.  Am excited and ready.  I had my band out in July and had to wait to get my stomach in shape for this...so part of me knows what to expect and the other part doesn't...strange.

You will do great.  It will be over before you know it....keep in touch.  I would love to hear your progress.  Where are you having surgery?

Donna
jessicae
on 9/24/11 8:40 am
hi donna,

having surgery at temple in philly, i live in nj.  totally love my surgeon and trust him, but still scared since i've never had surgery before.  during my pre admissions visit the anesthesiologist really calmed some of my fears, so hopefully i'll have the same one that i saw that day.

good luck to you!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

roundater
on 9/24/11 3:27 am - Lincoln, NE
If your surgery goes like mine you have nothing to be nervous about. I only had minimal pain and it was gone in two days with no complications. Honestly felf more discomfort going to the dentist than this surgery. And you will feel soooooooo much better once the healing is done. Just think of this as a lifetime journey and don't be afriad to set your goals as high as you want them. If 107 appeals to you go for it. I just revised my goal weight downward and while I know it will be more struggle I know I am going to do it.. Let us know how the surgery goes and let me know if i can help in any way.
Rich Sonderegger

jessicae
on 9/24/11 8:41 am
would love to be 125-135 however it seems sooooooo far away i wouldn't even be able to imagine myself at that weight. lol. 

thanks for the calming words!

roundater
on 9/24/11 8:47 am - Lincoln, NE
Youare welcome. May we both have successful journeys together.
Rich Sonderegger

DonnaCrosland
on 9/24/11 9:33 am - WA
This is the best decision you have ever made for yourself and you will be amazed at how it will change you in so many ways. 

Let your body decide where you go with your weight loss - it will take some time but you will be in a much healthier place and your body is going to love you for it.

Keep posting...we are here for ya.

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views