day 5 post op concerned about work

startingover1
on 9/25/11 5:33 am - MI
So, its day 5 post op and I haven't taken any more pain meds.  I am now only getting one protein shake down in a day bu****er doesn't seem to be a like a problem.  

I can't believe I've lost so much weight so far.  I only told 3 people at work what I was out for.  I go back to work Oct 3rd.  I kept it quite, didn't want the comments.  I actually got a few in the hospital, "your not that Big".  How big am I suppose to be?  How does anyone know what I've been through or where my health was headed.

I just want my return to work to be smooth.

Paige V.
on 9/25/11 6:06 am - Gainesville, FL
I know I told the lady in the hospital (preop) I hoped to lose 120lbs and she said, "from where?!?" lol, that actually made me feel good, come c'mon, I could stand to lose even more than that!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

roundater
on 9/25/11 6:46 am - Lincoln, NE
Should be OK on that score. I was ready to go back in a week. The only thing that held me back was a lifting restriction of 30 lbs ( I lift heavy packages). Just make sure there are no restrictions from your doc that might interfere with your work and take it easy for the first day or two until you are used to the work routine.
Rich Sonderegger

Jackie00
on 9/25/11 12:45 pm
I am just over a week out and I could probably go back to work but easy does it, I have to stand and hold onto a bus as it jerks the brakes the whole way and then most of my job is at a desk but I do have to pull and push and bendover lots. I am still sore to bendover and I don't want to go back too soon and hurt myself either. So I am taking advantage of the time off of work.
Soosy
on 9/25/11 1:57 pm - TX
My exercise physiologist told me to wait two weeks b/c my job is physical. I'm a massage therapist. I'm mostly concerned that the transfer of energy and physical aspect will drain me!
I say take it easy at work you'll know when enough is enough!

We started close to the same weight! People give me looks when I tell the I want to lose at least 100 lbs too!

Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views