Calorie Intake Adjustments??

perfectlayde
on 9/26/11 3:48 am
Do you adjust your calorie goals as you loose weight?  Right now my NUT wants me to keep my calories between 1000 - 1200, although I have set my goal to stay below 1000 per day.  Do you adjust the amount of calories you intake per day as you lose weight or has your calorie intake remained the same through out your journey??  I've lost about 50lbs so far and I'm trying to see if I should adjust my daily calorie goaL?

Thanks for you responses!
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
sianabob
on 9/26/11 4:02 am
I kept my calories at 700-800... My surgeon did my metabolism rate and my maitnance calories are only like 1300 soo I would loose SUPER slowly with daily calories in that range.. but everyone is different

Smardeepants
on 9/26/11 5:21 am
How did he test your metabolic rate? Every mathmatical formula (based on height/weight/age etc) have super high ranges. Just curious.

Happy966
on 9/26/11 4:30 am

I am 4 weeks out today, so take it for what it's worth.  I'm eating about 650 calories a day.  That includes one protein shake, and does not count any calories from my chewable vitamins or fiber supplement.  I would like to stay below 800 calories a day for the next 5 months or so and then re-evaluate, given my weight loss, hunger, sleeve capacity, etc.  All the vets say that it is easier now than it ever will be, and I won't get these first 6 months back.  It's very do-able now, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be for a while longer. 

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

emelar
on 9/26/11 4:54 am - TX
At 9 1/2 months, I get in around 1000 calories a day.  I started around 600, moved to 800 at around 6 months.  Been doing 1000 for a few months.  But I've also seriously increased my exercise, and I feel like crap if I eat any less.
Smardeepants
on 9/26/11 5:26 am
I am 13 weeks out.... a couple of weeks ahead of you, I think.

My calories  are around 550-650 per day. I work out about 5hours per week, and keep the calories the same either way.

My surgeon says not to count calories (HA!) and to just eat the types of foods/amounts he specifies. Crazy man, I count anyway.... I mean calories will vary a LOT if I'm eating 2oz of cheese 4X a day vs 2oz of fish, chicken breast, etc.

Right now, I feel like I'm losing slowly, so scared to go any higher on my calories. Curious to see what others say...

Most Active