NSV - of sorts

candyturbo
on 9/27/11 3:54 am
I work in a large office complex which is set on a large piece of property outside of a major city. The "campus" as we call it, is beautiful. We have a large lake behind the main buildings and it is beautifully landscaped with walkking trails, benches, wetlands and trees. I have always thought it would be a pretty walk around that lake. But it is pretty big so I never really seriously considered it...until today.

I will 12 weeks post-op this Thursday and I have lost around 30 lbs since the day of surgery and 45 lbs from my highest weight. I feel good and healthier than I have in some time. So, I didn't walk around that lake because I SHOULD or because my Doctor SAID SO. I walked around it because I COULD and I WANTED TO!!

It felt good. I like the me who actually likes to get some exercise. I hope she comes around more often!!!
HW 254, Start WLS Program-246, Surgery-239, CW-209, Goal-150 (or better)       
Paul11011
on 9/27/11 4:40 am
This is a NSV of the most important kind.  You see that the real benefit is not the number on the scale it's the improvement in the life you live.  Congratulations!
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

candyturbo
on 9/27/11 4:44 am
Thanks! I am appointing you my "chief cheereleader" on here. You rock!
HW 254, Start WLS Program-246, Surgery-239, CW-209, Goal-150 (or better)       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views