Not feeling Myself

b_scene33
on 9/27/11 8:35 am - OH
Wow, I feel like everyday I post a new thing! Before you guys get tired of my silly questions- Any one else wake up from surgery and just not feel like themselves anymore?

I dont know it's weird, I ma normally such an upbeat bubbly person, but I think today I smiled for the first time in like a week. I'm not unhappy, I'm not depressed I just feel different.

For example this morning I weighed under 200lbs, for the first time in years but I wasnt even that excited, for about 5 minutes, but it passed and i was just blah the rest of the day...

I dont get it...

Anyone else not feeling themselves?

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
*H:5'4" HW: 242 SW: 218.8 CW:142  GW:142*
Surgery Date 9/07/11

slimpickins5280
on 9/27/11 8:55 am - CO
Well, I haven't been Sleeved yet, but I've heard other people say it's like being in mourning.

Maybe your mourning the foods you can't eat anymore. Maybe you're not excited because, like me, you've tried every diet there is an had *some* success, so you are reserving judgment on this until you see it actually work. Maybe you're mourning the fat girl that could hide and become invisible. (Maybe they are all of MY hang ups and not yours)

Sounds like mourning to me, not really depression.

I'm sure a Vet will come along and have something better to say on this.

Chin up. You're on the loser bench baby! *hugs*

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

b_scene33
on 9/27/11 9:48 pm - OH
Maybe you guys are right. I didnt really think about it, but it definatly could be that- I've suddenly gotten really private about eating in front of people tooo- of course I didnt think much of it.

Mourning...okay well it's time to kick it's butt goodbye!

P.s.  Your not alone in those issues--I'm definatly there. & Best of luck with your sleeve!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
Surgery Date 9/07/11

dcamacho01
on 9/27/11 9:28 am
Hi Brie,

I know what you mean...I was sleeved 3 weeks ago and I have lost 25 pounds during this time and I am not going yeahhhhh!!!! I think like the other member posted we are in mourning, I do miss all the foods that I used to eat when I wanted to eat them, and I have been in many diets trying to do it on my own but never worked. I do not think I am depressed but I think I am afraid of seeing myself skinny when I have been overweight for more than half of my life. I do feel weird and I do feel like another person and now I understand when I was told before surgery that this was a life time event.

Keep up the good work and you might feel differently positively when you reach your goal and embraced you new self...I am hoping I will too..... You are welcome to write me if you feel like talking...

Take care,
Diana
Diana

b_scene33
on 9/27/11 9:50 pm - OH
Thank you for the support, Seems like you and me must be pretty close together in sleeve dates today is my 3 week out date.

I'm just gonna keep pushing through, I guess I just thought I was tired until someone asked me about it yesterday...

Congrats on the 25lbs! i'm just right behind you- so it seems we're both doing pretty darn good!!!

♫♫♪♪♫Brie♫♫♪♪♫
Surgery Date 9/07/11

dcamacho01
on 9/28/11 1:17 am
Thank you Brie....I am having a hard time since Thursday of last week when I forgot to take my stomach pills in the morning. I was already in the mushy stage and now I have been going back to liquid diet since I am having a hard time consuming the 65oz of liquid and the 60grams of protein required by the doctor.....will see what happens and I am hoping to get over this.

Keep on going and good luck!!!!
Diana

gapmom
on 9/28/11 11:01 am - TX
I was sleeved on the 13th and don't feel like myself either. I am really tired, nothing tastes good, so I am forcing myself to eat and drink.  I am still really sore on the right side and I have no desire to go anywhere or do anything or talk to anyone. It's like a complete personality change for me and I don't really like it.  Despite what I read on posts here at OH I am having trouble believing this will turn out to be a positive thing for me. I have lost about 17 lbs but I don't even care about that at this point. I just want to be myself again. I have to wonder if I am in mourning for food. Usually when I feel like this I go for comfort food to feel better. For the first time in my life I cannot do that and it is really hard.  Thanks for sharing and letting me share. I am not ungrateful for this gift just hoping that I have done the right thing and can get some semblance of my life back.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views