Am I the only one????

duranie512
on 10/9/11 4:30 am - OH
Am I the only one that 50% of the time wish I wouldn't of had this surgery??  I hate having to drink all this fluid, and trying to get all the protien in is starting to stress me out. I feel totally miserable.  I thought I was ready to do this...but now Im not sure.  I am happy for all you that arent miserable and glad that you had the surgery done. I'm hoping when all the weight is gone and I feel better I to will be happy that I have done this.

I just need to know if anyone else out there have or do feel this way???

shblack
on 10/9/11 4:43 am
Keep up the drinking and get through these stages.  You will get to that place where you are happy you did this for your health and overall well being.  You can do ANYTHING for a short time.  Always remember that and know that this each phase is helping you heal and that they are only for a short while.  I had some complications that required me to be on a feeding tube for 2 months and only had water during that entire time.  It was awful and very emotional for me, but I survived and have lost below my goal.  You will get there too.  Keep looking forward and work through this healing phase.  Read every post you can and draw encouragement from all of those people on here who have been there and are now living life in a much more healthy body!!!

Take care!!!!!!

Sherry
272/258/160  Goal on 8/30/2011
Currentlly below goal at 140!!
Paige V.
on 10/9/11 4:44 am - Gainesville, FL
how far out are you?

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

duranie512
on 10/9/11 4:51 am - OH
Thank You Shblack.  Tuesday I will be 6 weeks out.
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 5:01 am
I had my surgery last Monday and desperately want some real food.  It admittedly sucks.  I am trying to remember I did this to save my life.  To be here for my family and be healthier.  It is not easy and I am really at a loss right now how to get 60 grams of protein but I just keep sipping away...and hope it will get better.
edelu
on 10/9/11 12:02 pm - los angeles, CA
I'm 10 weeks out and i don"t do shakes anymore and eating 4 times a day 20 grams of protein per meal keeps my protein where it should be.  Now it's just how i eat,  As for water i always drank water so it's not a big deal and if i haven't gotten in my fluids i have a cup of sleepy time tea before bed.  it all becomes 2nd nature pretty quickly after you have gone through all your steps.  Just breathe a bit.  It does click into place.  Good Luck.
Paige V.
on 10/9/11 5:02 am, edited 10/9/11 5:02 am - Gainesville, FL
yes, getting the protein and water in is like a full time job. You and I are still pretty new in this, and not far enough out to see really true results. Because of this, we do not appreciate the tool as much. I am sure later on, whne the weight has come off and we see how far we have come, we will appriciate it much more.
*edited to say that I do not regret the surgery, because I have faith that it will work for me...and that in a few months I will be so happy with the results. However, right now I am in the midst of a stall, and that has me somewhat discouraged.

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Amalia S.
on 10/9/11 5:25 am - Athens, Greece
I did not say I love my Sleeve until 3-4 months post-op. It's hard in the beginning. Hang in there!

Over 110 lbs lost!! (Finally!)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/almost/   
LynMac35
on 10/9/11 5:37 am
For me, the first 2-3 months did suck. The whole focus of my life was, getting protien & fluid, writing it down, adding it up, chewing vitamins, meds, etc. AND I felt hungry, especially those first 2-3 weeks and couldn't eat but a few bites of mushy stuff. I was tired and had to decide if I wanted to nap or keep sipping fluids/protein shake, yogurt to get to my daily goals - well, you know. I loved the weightloss and tried no to dwell too much on how I felt in the moment.

Reading here on OH helped me to know from other's experience that it would get better - and it has. SO much better now.

You just have to walk through this period and keep telling yourself that it will get better. Focus on the weight dropping off for now.  Hang in there!! :)

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
edelu
on 10/9/11 12:04 pm - los angeles, CA
Lyn

Did your hunger go away? And if so when?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views