Returning to Work Post Sleeve

RaiderRob
on 10/9/11 9:37 am - CA
I took 4 weeks off and wouldn't have wanted to do any less than that. My job is not that physical but it took me about that long to get my energy level back to close to normal.
andrea S.
on 10/9/11 12:19 pm - TX
I have a very physical job lots of walking running lifting things like that i was mentally ready to go back in 4 wks but my doctor saif 6 wks because of the lifting she didn't want anything to happen on the inside that would prohibit my progress. so say wait if can afford it.
Mr-Smith
on 10/9/11 12:35 pm, edited 10/9/11 12:39 pm - Hillsdale, MI
Everyone's experinece is different.  I went back to work after six days off but I have a desk job working from home.  Even then, I got sleepy around 4:30 everyday.  That sleepy zone got later and later in the day now 4 weeks out, I get sleepy like that a few times a week usually around 7PM when it happens.  A short "power nap" seems to do the trick.

Your going to really need to capitolize on your 10 days. Focus on drinking fluids, walking, rest and protien.  Be sure to have some clear liquid protien lined up, unjury, isopure or proti-diet.  I also didn't feel good until I got some carbs going again.  I know the prevailing thought is keep carbs in check to promote weight loss but for me the first few weeks were more about recovery and learning the eating/drinking schedule rather than minimizing carbs. 

Once you go back to work, you will need to be sure to have the right support for water and diet.  You will be shocked at how long it takes to drink 8oz's of water post op...  I find when I get busy, I stop eating and drinking and then a hit this invisible wall and realize, I need to eat and I need to drink.

NOCRN
on 10/9/11 1:06 pm, edited 10/9/11 1:08 pm - CA

im a med/surg rn, and my dr was ready to release me at 3 weeks, but with lifting restrictions. i decided to take the full 6 weeks--probably better since i had a hernia repaired at the same time.  i am feeling pretty good, except for a little tenderness on the the right, larger incision when i bend. surgery was 9/20. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views