mushies! Yay!

mandyc1975
on 10/10/11 8:16 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I've done really good on my diet (pre and post op). Everything the doctor said is what I did except I have struggled a little on getting all my fluids but I'm doing better. Other than that I didn't even cheat once until today. I was suppose to start my mushies tomorrow and I thought "what's one day," so I started this morning and everything is great!

I keep reading how people can eat just half an egg in the beginning so I ate a little less than half (more like 1/4). I didn't want to take the chance on getting sick. And I had a couple of tablespoons of fat free refried beans with a slice of 2% cheese for lunch. The eggs were OK (not as good as I remember). But the beans seemed like the best thing I've tasted in a really long time. lol. And I'm going to try tuna for dinner. 

For lunch, I didn't allow myself to get full (I definately don't want to over eat), but I've read about burping being a sign to stop eating and so I did and I did feel very satisfied. 

I haven't regretted getting sleeved, except maybe the first 2 days when I was constantly throwing up and dry heaving. I remember thinking, what in the world have I done to myself? But I knew that was only temporary. Anyway, even though I knew this, actually experiencing the restrictiveness of the sleeve made me very happy. 

So, not only do I not have any regrets, I can now see how this is truly going to change my life!

Thanks to everyone who post things on here. I couldn't have done the last few weeks without you. 
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 248 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 315 views