It's been awhile

Richard M.
on 10/11/11 1:41 pm - OH
 Well I got my approval around the 1st of October and meet with my surgen and nut, need to she her one more time, and my PCP for pre surg. check up. Then it's of to see the Wizzard November 8th. I have been studying WLS for about 4 years. Should have done it long ago. I will be 65 in March. Sucks to get old! The other option is just! NO GOOD! My famly all has live to late 80's mid 90's. I am looking to a long life with way less pain. Taking my grandson out in the woods. Sharing pleasures of life with my Sweet Heart! Thanks! I just needed to say that! This is one place I feel everyone knows what I am saying. So maney people say OH I WOULD NOT DO THAT! YOU WILL BE SORRY! And I think wonder how long they can carry 5 pounds of potatos before they get tired and sit it down and complain how hard that is to do! We all know we have carried a lot more a long time. Thanks for sharing with me.

kimbethin
on 10/11/11 1:45 pm - CA
Best of luck to you! Just block those negative folks out, follow the surgeon's plan and you'll be great.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Richard M.
on 10/11/11 2:02 pm - OH
I try not to put a couple hundred pounds on them. I have realy never cared what uninformed people think! Thanks! I just had to share.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 4:45 pm
Congratulations! Now just remember, recovery is slower in your age group. My mom had stomach surgery at 64 and it took a bit to recover. She did liquids a little longer, etc (not WLS but same post op diet).

You will do great and be so thankful! Post more, love to hear the stories!
Richard M.
on 10/11/11 11:37 pm - OH
Thanks! I have been posting on the over 50 forum and reading for awhile. I know I am not as strong and fast as I once was, but I look at life not as a sprint but a marathon.

George B.
on 10/12/11 12:21 am - Miami, FL
Richard,

You're making the best decision for your health. Don't let people get to you. Everyone has a different opinion regarding WLS. The only opinion that counts is yours.

Best of luck,
George

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views